Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

which summit treestand?

Old 11-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Spike

Default which summit treestand?

looking for a summit treestand. can't decide to go with the front bar (Viper X4) for safety & clearance, or without (bushmaster X4). I hunt with bow and gun. will the bar get in the way for bowhunting. most say no. some yes. But viper is able to sit-n-climb while bushmaster is hand climbing which is a pain. so what. most say bar is worth the safety factor. but then again I'm also looking at a hang-on like the Copperhead with no bar since i think most bowhunters use hang-ons. please help.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: which summit treestand?

The Viper is a good choice, if you are bigger than average the Viper Goliath is a dandy also, the seat adjust up and down on both and that helps in getting the bar out of the way while bow hunting.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:02 PM

I have shot deer with my bow and gun out of my Viper. I do stand to shoot my bow so the rail isn't a problem. My only problem is falling asleep in it. Very solid stand.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:25 PM

I have the Viper and like it. I wish I had looked at the goliath. I am 6'1 240 and during rifle or late season bow the summit can be a bit snug with all my cold weather gear on.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampHunt

I have shot deer with my bow and gun out of my Viper. I do stand to shoot my bow so the rail isn't a problem. My only problem is falling asleep in it. Very solid stand.
Ditto! zzzzzz....... very safe and secure. Top quality product. Seat and foot loops can be moved out of the way if you want to stand and hunt (which helps keep you from falling asleep)
Old 11-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know I have probably said it once or twice before, but....

I LOVE MY SUMMIT VIPER X4!!!!!!!!!!! [8D]

I have fallen asleep on a few occasions in the early morning hours in it too. It is the most quietest, most rugged, and most comfortable stand I have ever had.

The front bar does NOT get in the way. When bowhunting, raise the seat straps. When gun hunting, lower the straps. It's that simple.

Butch A.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

There's nothing quite like climbing 30 feet into a tree and feeling totally secure. That's what that front bar gives you on the Viper.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:26 PM

viper x4 all the way baby
Old 11-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

The bullet, its like the viper on steroids since its the same stand, but just folds flat
Old 12-03-2004, 12:30 PM

I have a Viper X4... of course, that'll get my vote! But, you certainly can't go wrong with pretty much any Summit

Quick Reply: which summit treestand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.