Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Walker Power Muff Quad

Old 10-22-2004, 05:49 PM

Default Walker Power Muff Quad

Has anyone tried the Walker Quad Power Muffs? I have heard of people losing there game ears while hunting, Pretty expensive to be losing, and thought the muffs would shurly stop that from happening.

How well do the Walker products work for Duck hunting? Not just the muffs but the game ears as well. Does it change the volume of the call?

Thinking real hard about getting something before turkey season next spring but I want something I can use while Duck and Deer hunting as well.

Thanks for the input

Bn2hunt
Born to hunt, forced to work.
Des Moines, Iowa
Old 11-26-2004, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Walker Power Muff Quad

Sorry for the late reply, but I found this in a search. I just recently purchased a pair of walker's quad muffs and I haven't hunted with them yet but have done some shooting and am impressed so far. I have always had one bad ear for as long as I can remember and this made it very hard for me to tell where a sound was coming from but with the quad muffs I have no trouble at all. I have never tried any other hearing aid type product though. As far as calling, I did try a turkey call and soft calling sounded loud and loud calling sounded not as loud as it actually was.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:07 AM

Default RE: Walker Power Muff Quad

I have a pair of the Walker Power Quad Muffs and just came back from using them on a hunting trip to Montana. While there I used them to hunt pheasant, ducks, and deer (not all at the same time). I really enjoyed using them and don't have anything bad to say about them. With the volume turned up, you can even hear the wingbeats of the ducks as they pass on by. They won't be much help for you with deer hunting except muffling the sound of the gunblast though. All in all - a really great purchase. I got the camo ones by the way.