Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Where do you buy your gear?

Old 11-27-2004, 08:59 PM

Default RE: Where do you buy your gear?

I go everywhere, local, cabelas, sportsmanguide, ebay. Just bought a TruFire Stealth Release from ebay, and am looking at new arrow rest on there too.

Try DnRSPORTS.com, they have limited selection, but great prices, good service.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:45 PM

Anywhere that will have a what I want . But mostly sportsmanswarehouse for my fishing , and hunting needs . But here in utah we will be getting a cabelas next fall . Looking forward to it .

later , hunter cameron
Old 11-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get my stuff at many places. Usually go by price, sometimes convenience. The majority of my stuff come from Cabelas. Other common shopping locals are Walmart, Gander Mt., Bass Pro, and sporting shows. I get any guns thru my gunsmith (sometimes at a gun show).
Old 12-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Fork Horn

ebay
cabelas
sportsman guide

i just got a game camera from jesses
www.jesseshunting.com
Old 12-02-2004, 01:01 PM

Try DnRSPORTS.com, they have limited selection, but great prices, good service.
if you're in the market for a new gun, especially a Benelli you will not find a better price. I got a SBE new in the box for $995 inc shipping.

i have bought a lot of stuff from Galyans, guns, camo, tree stands, arrows, ammo, binoculars, etc etc etc they pretty much have anything i want without going overboard like the bigger places like bass pro or cabelas. i'm not a big fan of internet or mail order unless i am already familiar with the product i want to buy.
seem to always buy ammo at wal-mart.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:16 PM

When Gander Mountain had a catalog-I bought waterfowl gear from them but now they don't do catalog and there are no stores close by-fishing stuff at BassPro, clothes at my local stores, hunting accessories at Cabela's, and optics on line once I have researched what I want.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:04 AM

We buy most of our clothing from Ebay, it's just a better deal and you can get it new with tags and everything...

That's where I got mY "tigger suit" LOL my blaze camo...

We ordered our muzzie from Cabelas and for simple, small stuff we go to Gander Mtn because it's only 5 minutes from our house. As for some things, WalMart carries a ton of good quality stuff, like the Whisker Biscuit I got for my bow, I got it WAAAAY cheaper there than what I could have gotten it at Cabelas or Gander Mtn. For arrows we go to the local range, I bought 6 carbons from Gander Mountain this year and I got screwed. The dude said they would fly straight for my bow but they didn't. The worst part is, he even had me shoot two of them at their test range thing there and he said they would be fine. Yeah. Right. I thought I was getting a deal on a bundle of 6, but turns out I wasted money and ended up having to buy from the local archery store here, cost me a lot of money in the longrun... But that's okay because I got to choose the color of fletching I wanted and the arrows are perfect now... PINK AND PURPLE

Okay, that was a little longwinded for such a simple question, wasn't it? Sorry...
Old 12-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

For my gun accessories I use either Midsouth or Natchez.I always go to Midsouth first.It's doesn't hurt to compare prices.Once Natchez had MS beat on a scope I was ordering.MS has excellent service and really fast delivery.

Ruger Redhawk

www.midsouthshooterssupply.com
www.natchezss.com
Old 12-06-2004, 03:04 PM

I like Cabelas and Bass pro but there are none close to me in Indy. Best thing close is Gander Mountain and I'm very happy with their selection.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Spike

BassPro, Bearbasin, Wholesale hunter, Natchez & Sportsmansguide