Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New Camo needed

Old 10-05-2004, 08:56 PM

Default New Camo needed

Looking for good camo. Here's where I hunt. Not pretty, but it holds deer. I Mostly sit in the fence row with somewhat of a back ground

Looking for something scent free, 3D, warm but able to wear layers under, maybe able to use for spring turky too.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Camo needed

This is the best camo that I've ever used right here ASAT The 3D suit is sewed onto a light mesh that has the ASAT pattern printed on it. This stuff will not keep you warm. Its designed to be worn over whatever the weather dictates. Me myself, I wore mine this morning while sitting in a treestand in SC. All I had on underneath it was a pair of shorts and a T shirt. This pattern is excellent and can't be beat as far as I'm concerned. I've moved and the deer caught the movement but after a staredown, they can't figure out what I am. They can't seem to focus on this pattern and their sight system doesn't allow them to see you. The deer just look right through you. Just make sure that you get it big enough to fit over your cold weather clothes. Don't worry that it might fit you loosely when you wear warm weather clothing. Good luck.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:30 PM

How durable is the ASAT? Would it work over Carheart Bibs?

Looked at the web site before, and was impressed. But, no close dealers.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

The 3D suit is as durable as one would expect. If you were to regularly wade through 100 yards of eyebrow high greenbriar on a regular basis, your suit would suffer. But then any clothes would. I would have myself measured wearing your Carharts and email the ASAT guys the measurements. I would order whatever they recommend and I wouldn't look back. When you wear this suit in warm weather with little or nothing on beneath it, the suit will be a loose, somewhat sloppy fit. Who cares. Loose is ok, but too small and you've limited yourself to what the suit has to offer. I ordered mine way bigger than I should have, but its no problem at all. As far as sent control, I would recommend X Scent worn against the skin under the ASAT 3D suit. ASAT does not have many dealers. I know Len in Maryland is one but I personally don't know of any others. You could email them at their web site and ask them. Good day.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

How durable is the ASAT? Would it work over Carheart Bibs?

Looked at the web site before, and was impressed. But, no close dealers.
You can wear ASAT over the top of anything you want.
I have had my current 3d suit for 3 years or so and have put it through hell and back and it is still in good shape.

You can also order online from their web page www.asatcamo.com or by phone, Call Chuck on 570-233-2537
Tell him Ausie sent ya
Old 10-07-2004, 07:40 PM

Thanks for the #. Called him up, cought me off guard to get his cell.

Should be ordering the 3D suit tonight!

5 weeks to Shotgun!
Old 10-16-2004, 12:21 PM

Finally ordered it today. Can't wait!
Old 10-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

+1 for ASAT 3D. Let us know what you think...Love mine.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:49 PM

I hope it meets my expectations. Litterally spent days, going back and forth. From Gander Mountain to Fetlas, from Dicks back to ASAT web page, then to Bass Pro web and Cabelas web. Then Back to ASAT.

Everything looks the same, except ASAT.

I bought a Real Tree Camo Rain suit form Bass Pro for $15 too. Just opened it today, pretty nice for 15 "bucks".
Old 10-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Fork Horn

Can't imagine you'd be dissapointed. You've researched this and should already have a good idea what you're getting. I love my suit. Make sure you wash it a few times along with a few cycles through the dryer. This will lift up and loosen the leaves. Get back to us and let us know how you make out. Good luck.