HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   "Sure" Unscented Deodorant? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/69885-sure-unscented-deodorant.html)

Yoopper Hunter 08-22-2004 11:58 AM

"Sure" Unscented Deodorant?

What is the difference between the unscented deodorants, soaps, & shampoos you can purchase at the local drug store & the one's "especially made for hunters"?

justhrowit 08-22-2004 02:40 PM

RE: "Sure" Unscented Deodorant?

the label!

I'm not sure actually. I use all the scent free stuff made for hunting except for deodorant. I just use regular scent free deodorant.

dvdegeorge 08-22-2004 05:41 PM

Price,I do use scent shield body soap and shampoo year round because it agrees with my skin and lathers well so less is consummed.As for deodorant.secret,or arm&hammer unscented,and also Arm&Hammer perfume and dye free laundry detergant.

Twisted Arrow 08-22-2004 06:58 PM

I use Unsented sure deodorant for hunting , but i do bath in Knight & Hale bath wash in the fresh earth scent . and use hunters spec. scent waffers

oldelkhunter 08-23-2004 07:44 AM

I use regular unscented deodarant( Arm&Hammer Baking soda) ...I sometimes shower with baking soda during a hunt(Deer Only). I keep my hair well trimmed and use one of these commercial scent free solutions instead of regular shampoo. I dont't use any other scents that mimmick outdoor smells because they may not match the area I hunt.

skeeter 7MM 08-23-2004 09:22 AM

I use arm & hammer unscented deodorant & unscent natural Laundry Detergent. I shower/wash with Ivory bar soap. Found some unscented shampoo locally that is much cheaper than the hunter stuff.

etw 08-24-2004 11:12 AM

I use Phisoderm soap, a real bacteria killer! :eek:

thenuge15 08-24-2004 10:04 PM

The hunting brands kill the bacteria that cause scent while reaming fragrance free. The normal scent free soaps are just fragrance free.

JJWIII 08-27-2004 10:57 AM

Something you guys may want to consider is that those grocery store "free and clear" laundry detergents do indeed contain brighteners. I've taken the time to read the ingredients lable of every one of these that I could get my hands on in the grocery store and every one contains "brighteners". If you are concerned with UV brighteners then you would want to avoid using these detergents.

dep214 08-29-2004 03:58 AM

the one sold in the stores leave out all the smelly stuff