Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

How do I use Tinks 69?

Old 08-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do I use Tinks 69?

woman unscented tampons

they make scented ones???? I just take my wifes and hope she dont notice any are gone i never smelled one before i didnt realize theres scented and unscented lol but they do work great for hanging doe pee off a tree.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just take a film canaster and put 2 cotton balls in there and pour the tinks in the film canaster but i poke holes in the film canaster first
Old 08-24-2004, 02:02 PM

I've never had any luck with attractants. Scent elimination is what I strive for.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Banned

Hunting Lure Strategy by Lou Storiale
Purchase two bottles of doe-in-heat urine attractant like Tinks#69
Obtain a gallon of water and empty 1/4 (roughly 30 ounces) of the water OR
... or pour hot water into a gallon jug about 3/4 full (Hot Water Is Best)
Empty both bottles of doe-in-heat urine into the gallon jug and mix well
Take 2 wash rags (preferably without scent or at least ones that are clean)
1 Rope about 4 feet long should thread through the corner of each rag
Dip and drench both rags in the mixture of hot water and doe-in-heat scent
When near your hunting spot, drag the rags to your hunting spot from several destinations approximately 75 meters from your hunting spot to a designated area 30 yards from your tree stand or hunting blind. A Star pattern is best, all leading to the designated shooting area.
* The rags should be placed about 30 yards from your tree stand in an open or semi-open area in a clear shooting lane.
* The rags should be placed approximately waist-high preferably in a bush where wind can pass through the rags to carry scent through the woods or hunting area. In other words, you do not want to let your "drag rags" get stuck on the side of a tree trunk (I've had it happen).

Deer scents and drag rags should be used in this manner during the chase period immediately prior to the rut.

This strategy does not mean that a deer will immediately walk up on your drag rag, but there will be deer coming in over the next 3 days to see what the hot scent is. Personally, I have used this method with great success, including my first buck taken with a bow, personal records shot by friends in 3 different states.

In the Midwest United States this time is, approximately between October 21st - November 14th, depending on when the rut occurs.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:55 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Best scent is to keep your scent from direction you want TO HUNT, PLAY THE WIND.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

You have to be very careful using scents. Especially doe in heat scents. Use it at the wrong time and you will likely scare more deer than draw in. It is normally only effective those very few days during the peak rut. October is too early IMO to use it.
I rarely use scents and hunt under the opinion that no scent is better. If I did my scouting and hung my stand correctly I do not want my quarry to know I am even on the planet.
When I occasionally do use a scent I use Trails End. I shot 2 buck using this scent and both times they had their nose buried in the ground where I had the cotton ball placed when I slid a broadhead thru their vitals. Both time this scent was used the first or second week in November.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Throw it in the trash and put your stands where you see plenty of deer sign!
Old 07-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cjclemens
Throw it in the trash and put your stands where you see plenty of deer sign!
Good lord someone call Ripley's Believe it or not, cj and I 100% agree on something!

Stinks 69 is fine and dandy if you are after a stupid, uneducated, 1.5 year old buck. Or just like to sit in your stand and watch the squirrels play because you spooked off any deer in wind range.

If you want the best scent in the world, collect the urine from a doe taken last year or a buck and his tarsal glands. If buck and glands, soak glands in urine for 2 hours previous to hanging, hang about 5 feet up in a bush if possible, make a mock scrape under and pour some urine in there. If there are any bucks around, and they are starting to run bucks out of the area, THAT is when you will attract a beast! Or at least the beast in YOUR property!

If you are using urine collected from a Doe, scent wicks or whatever will hold it for the wind to catch it and hang again around 4-5 feet with a mock scrape under. Depending on the cycle the Doe was in when taken the previous year is when you would want to put this out. I.E. If you took her and she was in estrus (during rut) then that's around the time you want to use it. If you took her pre rut then that's when you use it. Post rut, same. These are time proven methods.

Probably 90% of those bottled scents out there will attract nothing but immature bucks that haven't learned any better or just your wallet. The 10% that are worth a damn are the ones that are 100% whitetail doe urine collected from 1 doe per bottle and collected properly and at the proper time. They are more expensive in comparison to the wally world specials but if used correctly and at the proper time they do pay off.

Last edited by super_hunt54; 07-29-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Banned

Don't believe the haters!! Do my strategy and you'll be posting a respectable buck on this forum...
Old 08-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by storiale
Don't believe the haters!! Do my strategy and you'll be posting a respectable buck on this forum...
How many deer have you killed in the 15 years you've hunted?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-03-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Quick Reply: How do I use Tinks 69?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.