Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Binoculars

Old 04-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default Binoculars

Are the Swarovski 10X42 really worth the price? vs Bushnell Legends or Nikon Monarchs.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:02 AM

Default RE: Binoculars

not unless you have more money than brains.

Nikons are very good binocs, swarovski are probably better (dont know dont have any) but not that much better.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Look into Alpen Outdoor for there Apex 10x42 Very good optics with a lifetime warranty
fully multi-coated BAK4,PXA,Long eye relief Alpens website
Old 04-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Spike

I got a pair of Burris landmark roof prism 10x42. Cant beat um for under $200
Old 04-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is a noticeable difference between the Swaros and the other two you mentioned however, only you can determine whether or not that difference is significant enough to warrant the price difference. Personally, I do not rely on my binocs to make a living though I do have high expectations of them when I do use them for hunting, hiking, bird watching, etc.... The Monarchs have not let me down.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:11 AM
PLB

Crimedog,
I was in the bino market a couple of years ago. I looked at Lieca (I consider Lieca and Swarovski to be equal in quality), and Nikkon (mid day throu the binos) I could tell a very slight difference, but not a $600.00 difference. I went with the Nikkon Monarch 10x42. Several months later, I went hunting with a buddy that has the Swaros. I could really tell the difference between his binos and mine in the early morning and early evening...the time when most game start moving around. It was then, I wished I had spent the extra cash. He could see game easily, that I had difficulty finding with my binos. Don't get me wrong, I like Nikkon and use their scopes on my rifles. But, I wish I'd bought the Swaros or Liecas for my binos.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Spike

I have a pair of both. I bought the Nikon's, was disappointed and got a great deal on teh Swar at an outdoor banquet. There is a HUGE difference in low light conditions and longer distances. I was recently at Yellowstone and the Nikons did not compare to the Swar. However, I have found that the Pentax SP binos are comparable in clarity and light gathering to the Swar. They are also priced significantly less. In low light conditions, I see better through teh swar than I do with my naked eyes. I'd agree that, if you buy a good pair and take care of them, you wil only need one pair. If you buy a lesser pair, you will, more than likely, be buying the better pair in the future.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:43 PM
RPL

Last summer I bought a pair of Kahles 8x42's. They are a very good binocular for the price. A week later I was loaned pair of Leica's to try. I went out at late afternoon till dusk to compare the two pair. As good as the Kahles were, they were noticeably inferior to the Leica's.
I returned the Kahles for a pair of Leica 8x42's
Old 04-18-2004, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: alloutdoors

The thing to remember when buying top end bino's (Swarovski, Leica, or Zeiss) is that if you take your time and pick the pair that really suits your needs, you won't ever have to replace them. Ever. End of story.
I couldn't have said it any better! This goes for rifle scopes and spotting scopes as well. Buy the best you can afford and they will serve you a lifetime!

Quick Reply: Binoculars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.