Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

stuck ATV

Old 03-25-2004, 11:14 AM

Default RE: stuck ATV

Well,

When it comes to judging an ATV...whether one pulls another out is not in the equation. I can take a bike and put some good tires and have enough power to turn them and you have a bike that most people have.

What makes the difference in a bike is, how maintenance friendly is it, how often will it end up in the shop....etc....

I have always owned Honda's and loved them. The last bike, I bought a Yamaha because of the supposed power the 600 offered....what a joke....the maintenance on the auto clutch has to be done by a service rep and to be honest....when you have to do repairs.....be prepared to spend big money.

I am very dissapointed in the bike and chalk it up to an expensive learning experience.

I will be going back to a Honda on the next bike.....and at the rate the Yamaha is holding up....it wont be long.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:28 AM

POLARIS ? I've pulled many a polaris out with my Honda .......P=junk
Old 03-25-2004, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have pulled out honda's also with my polaris. i am sorry but i dont see your point
Old 03-26-2004, 10:14 AM

AHHH i have pulled a few broke polaris's back to the truck but never a broke honda!
you get what you pay for!
Old 03-26-2004, 04:38 PM

My friend's buddy works in a repair shop. Most of their business is repairing autos, no one brand, ALL of them. Looks like they have all jumped to get them out and don't have all the bugs out. If you haven't run into any problems, consider youself lucky. I almost got one but stayed with the foot shift. What's mine? A big Bear 400. Repairs? plugs.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Carry a come-a-long + a good length of non-stretch rope with a loop onone end. Tie other end to something solid. Makes a cheap winch + very portable.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:07 PM

When ever you talk about ATV's, everyone starts bashing.

To help you out with your problem, there are a few things you can do.

The come-a-long with a long rope works great. And is cheap. You can also get some more aggresive tires, but they will hurt the ride. A lift will help, and you can build one yourself cheap.

What it comes down to is, find a different route. Not to bash you, but some more experience riding will probably help. The ranger spins those tires quick, use it to your advantage. Sit back, and let er' rip. I have gotten through stuff with a honda recon that my buddies couldn't get through with a 4x4.

And Dirt2 has some bad advice.

Good luck and enjoy the sport and passtime.