Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Heater Body Suit

Old 03-01-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Heater Body Suit

Has anyone tried the Heater Body Suit? If yes, is it warm? Quiet? Slide out of the way as advertised?
Old 03-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: Heater Body Suit

I live in North Central North Carolina.This was my first year using the HBS.With no long underwear just t-shirt and regular pants I was able to sit all day with 28-35 degree temps with a 10-15 mph wind.With lite long underwear was able to hunt all day in 20-25 degree temp with 15-20 mph wind.Very easy to slip out of.I killed three bucks using the HBS this year.Makes your time in the tree a lot more compfordable.I like the way it keeps feet and hands warm.My feet never got cold when using the HBS and no gloves on hands.I think it is a very well spent $325.You can sit all day if you like without getting cold.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:54 PM

Thanks for the reply. I hunt in northern Minnesota so it can get a little cold at times. They are on sale right now for 25% off, so I might just have to order one. I like the idea of not wearing so many layers of clothes if possible, provided it slides out of the way quietly.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Spike

Where you going to hunt Stonyrvr?
Old 03-04-2004, 05:14 PM

I have a cabin about 25 miles outside of Ely, MN. I spend most of my time hunting up there. Not as many deer up there as some other places, but there is no competition at all from other hunters during the bow season. I spend pretty much all day in the stand for the week before the rifle season. This last year it got a little tough to sit all day when the temp got down around zero. I must be getting old.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:26 PM

I have and use the HBS for hunting and for work. I have also purchased them for law enforcement (SWAT) related activities.

In regard to hunting, it is a great product. A safety harness is a must and it is included with the suit. Warmth isn't a concern. It's nice to be able to fumble around with your hands and things inside the suit and no movement is detected from unseen deer.

It's also nice to be able to walk out to the stand in light clothing and then suit up in the stand. That way you avoid getting overheated on your walk to the stand. It's very quiet and easy to slip out of for the shot.

Well worth the money.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:02 AM

I use one of those small propane heaters that use the green propane bottles. This way, I only use them when the temps are very cold and I'm at my stay or go breaking point. It's a little cheaper than $325 and keeps you hunting longer and makes very little noise.

T
Old 03-12-2004, 05:37 PM

I just got my HBS. It seems to go on okay sitting in front of the TV. We'll see how easy it is when it's dark and I'm sitting 20' up on a 20"X30" platform. It sure seems like it would be warm. It looks like I may be able to wear it atleast up to the waist when I use my climber. You're right about the safety strap. I always wear one anyways, but with the hands inside the suit I could see that when I'm standing up/sitting down I'll have to be careful. Any problems with the bottom of the feet wearing out?
Old 03-13-2004, 06:10 PM

With a litle practice i love mine
Old 03-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Heater Body Suit
Anyone know where they are selling these on sale??

Quick Reply: Heater Body Suit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.