Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 What small flashlight do you carry. >

What small flashlight do you carry.

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What small flashlight do you carry.

Old 01-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What small flashlight do you carry.

Mini Maglight works fine for me.I bought a Stylus Green last year but never used it this past season.Most of the time I go to my stands without a flashlight.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to keep a cheap flashlight in my pack in case I need to use it to see specific stuff like gutting, I make sure it is the same type battery as my G.P.S so I don't have to worry about carrying different types of batteries. Otherwise, I tend to travel in the dark.

I'm suprised that no one here has mentioned "Chem-lights"... I always have a few of them stuffed in my pack. No batteries to worry about, and they are good for about twelve hours once you crack 'em. They come in all different colors.

I have found that if you need to leave your deer in the woods for any reason, You can hang one on a tree branch, and then easily find it again in the dark. They are also good for twirling around in your hand while walking along on public land so that some gumby does'nt mistake you for a deer and take a pot shot at night.

The "white" ones put out a great deal of light and can be used as a form of flashlight in a pinch. As I said, no batteries to check, and they're good for about twelve hours.

One thing though, stay away from the cheap wannabe's at wallmart, they are hard to see when they are right in front of you, find an army navy store and get the "real deal" or go on-line and get 'em from the source. They are about two hundred times brighter.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

mini mag (still) wut browning is the flash lite u use big guy
Old 01-28-2004, 07:05 PM

I use the mini mag flashlight, but if the white light spooks deer then I'm gonna get a green Led of some brand, any suggestions?
Old 01-29-2004, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

A pelican mity lite and a streamlite green led. I did find out that you can't blood trail with the green streamlite after dark when there's water on the leaves!! That's why i carry the pelican while deer hunting.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:19 PM

I used to use the mag lites but seemed they always needed new batteries or bulbs.
Now I use the LED models. The bulbs last forever and the batteries seem to last almost forever also. A major plus is when the batteries do start to wear out they do so slowly so you can replace them long before you are left in the dark.

Maglites are fine if you don't use your flashlite much but if you are hiking 3 or 4 hours a day back and forth to your hunting site across country in the dark the Led lights are the way to go.
I also always carry two small flashlites and a headlamp at all times.

Nothing worse than being 5 miles up the mountain at dark and having your flashlight fail you. Makes for a long night and potentially life threatening.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mag-Lite[:-]

I want to try the LEDs though
Old 01-30-2004, 12:49 AM
Typical Buck

I use a Petzl Myo 5 headlamp. Its a little pricey at 70 bucks, but its a great light with 5 LED's for flood light and also has a Xenon lamp for longe range. Backup is a AAA Mini Mag. I use a rechargable 1 million candlepower spotlight for tracking.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:06 PM

a mini super saber
Old 02-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Princeton Tech Impact II / Streamlight Polystinger
I will never carry another Maglite again! It's a single led light that throws a blueish beam with a magnified lens and still fits in the Minimag head band. Cost me under $20, but worth every penny! I use the Stinger for tracking if need be.

Mike

Quick Reply: What small flashlight do you carry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.