Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Boots

Old 12-11-2003, 12:15 AM

Default Hunting Boots

I need some new hunting boots and was wondering if you guys have any suggestions? I was thinking of getting the Cabelas Outfitter's. Anybody use these? Any good? Thanks for your time.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:29 AM

Default RE: Hunting Boots

You might want to check out the Cabelas Trophy Series boots. Not as many insulation choices but thats you may not need it of you hunt in Arizona. I have the uninsulated version, I liked that it was a taller boot than the uninsulated version of the Outfitter.

The Trophy series has a nice heavy duty heel and toe. They're built to take a lot of abuse.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Danners are costly but are the best in my view:

http://www.danner.com/giftfind.asp
Old 12-15-2003, 09:08 AM

get you some rockys you wont be sorry
Old 12-15-2003, 11:20 AM

Danner's are the way to go. Pricey but the best. My first pair lasted 10+ years heavy use, gortex bootie started leaking, soles were fine, uppers were fine.

Danner for all but the super cold then I go to Sorel's.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:13 PM

i like rocky but i would like to know where you get them danners at
Old 12-16-2003, 05:17 AM

Nitro23

www.danner.com has them all. www.cabelas.com has most of the boots for less money. You can find them on the www at large outdoor sites for good prices.

The customer service is great at danner and most of the boots are still made in the USA. The original pair I have are still going strong, even after a failed attempt at rebuild, Danner sent me a new pair due to the sole being milled to thin during the process and the old pair rebuilt were returned (they are good as new)!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

Danner- The "Pronghorn" may be the lightest waterproof hightop hunting boot on the market.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:53 PM

Pronghorn boots are like wearing a sneaker, only two issues I found were the sole is to flexible for walking fields/tough terrain all day and the camo faded on mine. Just used mine the other day in a pouring rainstorm, stayed dry all day.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:23 PM

In my opinion Rockys are the best

Quick Reply: Hunting Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.