Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

the minimalist approach

Old 06-13-2021, 03:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

After this "I am better and smarter than you clowns post (I'm able to make my language plain, non-remarkable and simple if I put my mind to it. I have to learn to "put my college associates degree in a drawer and lock it up" whenever I come to discussion boards) it appears that you just can't help taking the "I am superior road. It is hilarious since an associates degree is no more than a participation trophy. For thinking you are so superior, one would thing you would be smart enough to know that you are the one asking us for help. I suspect you have few friends.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-13-2021 at 03:05 AM.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
I'm avoiding new threads here on porpoise. 53 posts. That's Herbie the Disneyland Volkswagen's number!!

Not to mention the year Tom Lehrer's famous hunting song came out.
so basically you rather just srit the pot than learn anything about hunting!

and IMIO< honestly most all of your so called POST and THREADS, were about trying to waste peoples time here , trying to HELP you,
when your maybe just too lazy to look for answers on your own, see to think others should explain basic's to you, over taking any actions on your own to TRY and learn about something you CLAIM to have interest in!

So you rather others do the work, which sort of shows a person's character and not in a good way!
an educated person would be more than capable of finding the answers to ALL your threads and questions without going on a forum by the way!
I think your getting the amount of replies here due to the Class of members here, that are so willing to TRY and help someone
but your just taking advantage of this side of things

and well, ME< I Tried to help you, and I will admit I some days have more free time on my hands to kill (or in your case waste)
Old 06-13-2021, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

My suggestion, and one I will follow myself, it to put him on the list. Time is too valuable to waste on the likes of him. He is so deficient that he doesnt even rise to the level of mindless minion. I am done with this guy
Old 06-13-2021, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Then I'm totally lost as to what this site is about. I don't even know why this site exists. Maybe somebody here can explain the scope of this site in a nutshell, please. Mind you, don't talk about ME, let's just talk about this site for now. Let's just leave people's personal education out of it from now on.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-13-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are you for real? It was you who brought up your education early on and then continued to use it as though it meant something to anyone but you. Don't play the pity me card, you did this to yourself. You said you found another site from your state, your best bet would be to go there instead of playing games here, perhaps they will be more tolerant but I doubt it. . People here tried to help you but you spit in their faces, what did you expect?.
Old 06-14-2021, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

I'd say you're doing fine Jones. As long as you can take the abuse.

This thread has more posts than any other recent thread. Keep it going.

Gives these guys something to talk about.

-Jake
Old 06-14-2021, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
Mind you, don't talk about ME, let's just talk about this site for now. Let's just leave people's personal education out of it from now on.
I had a job moonlighting as a bouncer at a bar for a few years while in engineering school, and I can say this confirms the typical trend of the “big mouth” which I witnessed in that job. A guy comes in, talking a big game, acting like they’re throwing their weight around, but when they realize they’re a far cry from being the “heavy” in the room, they pee down their leg and backpedal fast enough to win the Tour de France in reverse.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is a HUNTING FORUM SITE

if you don't know what that means, maybe trying looking that up on GOOGLE, or using that BIG BAD DEGREE you have and all your education you have!

Were are NOT a bunch of members here to TEACH you how to learn anything you ask!
we are NOT computers waiting to be asked questions, and or TEACH anyone how to find answers!

were members that have or MAYBE have common likes and interests, and we share and talk about the likes and interested and our experiences associated with hunting, shooting and the outdoors!
and at times,
if we SO CHOOSE to
we offer advice, suggestions, INFORMATION< on a topic that gets posted here!
IF not, we won't

and we also are not NOT perfect or know everything, things posted by members can be Wrong or right! we are NOT fact checkers posting to be used as an document to be used in a teaching class!

As its still the responsibility of the poster asking any questions to fact check and verify things here , MEANING< YOU still need to learn things on your own as anyone would learn something else where!
as incorrect s information here or else where can get you in legal problems or just issue's you don;t want!
Moist all folks here tend to TRY There best to give honest and accurate advice
NO one here is perfect!, and rules and laws and subject matters can change on how there made or handles as time passes
so even accurate info TODAY can be wrong down the road, in time be it tomorrow or later!

this is again, common simple basic knowledge of what a FORUM IS on the world wide web, the average idiot can learn this with little effort if they wished to TRY and do so on there own!
your not helping your cause with asking things like this and claiming to be very educated! something YOU brought up, NOT us!

Last edited by mrbb; 06-14-2021 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-14-2021, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Most of the topics and posts here happen in the political forum. Unfortunately.

-Jake
Old 06-14-2021, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah but it helps keep the lights on. Hunting topics are harder to comment on as they usually are asking for specific knowledge or experience. If I don't have that, I don't post. In politics, it's just your opinion and everybody has one of those.