Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

the minimalist approach

Old 06-12-2021, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CalHunter
I am really trying to see the good in your posts but posts like this make it extremely difficult. Posting on a forum or anywhere on the internet is never like having a face to face conversation with other people. But saying that people who post here are some kind of bot instead of real people is just plain insulting.

I don't think you're a troll but agree with Jake that you have a very "odd and different" way of communicating. If so, that's nothing that members on this forum can really help you with. It's really only something you can adjust or not. I wish you luck on both.
I'm able to make my language plain, non-remarkable and simple if I put my mind to it. I have to learn to "put my college associates degree in a drawer and lock it up" whenever I come to discussion boards. I never did get an A in writing or composition. I have to learn people skills and dumbing-down writing. That's where I'm tender.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
I'm able to make my language plain, non-remarkable and simple if I put my mind to it. I have to learn to "put my college associates degree in a drawer and lock it up" whenever I come to discussion boards. I never did get an A in writing or composition. I have to learn people skills and dumbing-down writing. That's where I'm tender.
this is again a prime example of you trying to belittle folks here, and trying to be smart about iot, thinking we don;'t see thru it!

You saying something like "dumbing-down writing" is an insult to members here as your trying to say were not educated to WHAT??? Read?/
when the real problem isn't us being SMART enough to read and understand words ona screen??

as its you not having the ability to form a proper question on a SIMPLE topic, without polluting the whole thing you TYPE here with unneeded or un related info, to the same LONG questions!
IF a question at all, many times there more like a just a rambling on a subject and then your not happy with answers some add to your posts!

its not that you need to dumb down anything, you just need to make your point and question, something that actually can be answered and not just a rambling of nonsense that has more information mixed in than any real question or thought on a question to be able to be answered!

go back and re read some of your posts, maybe you will see a pattern\
of all the un needed things you add to posts or just plain and simple like this

take this Thread you started
How not to worry about your dog overheating during dove season.

Notice NO one responded to it

as , I will only speak fort me, here but gather many feel the same way

as what was it
was it YOU TEACHING US something on how to keep a dog cool?

where did you offer any real TIPS or information on how to do so! that the average IDIOT don't already know(like what people, don;t know pavement is HOT in hot weather, < REALLY< thats not a tip that's simple logic any intelligent pet owner should know!)

it was just a rambling on something that happened to you and your Black lab, that honestly didn;t show us your so educated!
AS again, its NOT rocket science to KNOW a black dog gets hot when its how and sunny out, and its rather showing a lack of intelligence in a person to NOT know this and take proper steps to prevent a dog from over heating BEFORE the light bulb comes on, that is , sorry, , that just shows very poor care being given to a pet they own!

a educated person would know, a DOG has more drive in them than SMARTS to know when to STOP
they will go beyond and past there own safety to please its owners
its NOT rocket sconce

but again, what was the POINT of you starting that topic??

NO real questions, NO real info provided
just showed us experienced dog owners that you are NOT very educated ,a s a an educated person again, should know better than to run a dog to the point they might NOT recover!

it doesn't take a collage degree, or even a high school diploma, its simple Logic!

forums are good for a lot of things, but what you get out of them, also has to do with what you ADD to them!

were all basically strangers TRYING to help each other
no need to try and act smarter than anyone here,a s you honestly have NO clue if you are or are not!

but we users of forums, CAN see what YOU type and how you word things and get an IDEA of what you know and don't!
and sadly you are not giving us a lot of GOOD things to work with!

I know you have NOT posted on the other site like you have here, wonder why??
did we maybe teach you something you DIDN"T know!
or are we too DUMB to do this??and you know it all and just come on here to rattle the cage!
some how I don;t think you know it all(nor do I)
as folks that know it all don;t ask questions, RIGHT??
as they already know it all!

so please don't insult us, by CLAIMING you need to DUMB anything down here
maybe you need to step up and ask more direct questions with real thought put into the things you Type here! and less ramblings not pertaining to your subject or questions!~

Last edited by mrbb; 06-12-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

What? You really think you need to "dumb down" your writing so we can figure out what you're saying? Just because you have an associates degree? Here's a little newsflash Otis, I personally have 2 bachelor degrees and am a high school teacher. I also have an IQ that has been measured at over 160. I was a member of MENSA for more than 10 years. I assure you that you will NEVER get to the level of writing skill that is beyond my capability to comprehend. You're not "tender." You're an imbecile!
Old 06-12-2021, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Sample thread:

Heading: Why are the points on mule (and related species) deer bucks only counted on one antler?

Body: Are mule deer species the only ones counted on just one antler? How did this custom begin?

Mrrbb, does that look like good thread form above? Of course somebody might ask me if my Google is broken if I were to create a thread like that one above.

Old 06-12-2021, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sample thread:

Heading: Why are the points on mule (and related species) deer bucks only counted on one antler?

Body: Are mule deer species the only ones counted on just one antler? How did this custom begin?

Mrrbb, does that look like good thread form above? Of course somebody might ask me if my Google is broken if I were to create a thread like that one above.
yes and NO!
as asking this in a thread title,

Why are the points on mule (and related species) deer bucks only counted on one antler?

if you started a thread with this, that would be FINE ! sort of
BUT maybe you'd be better off asking your question more direct
like asking
"ARE Mule deer the only deer species that have points only counted on one antler!"
its a much more clear question, not convoluted with with already possible questions on your question/title!!

as if were being Correct here, its NOT just BUCKS(male deer) that can grow antlers, there are on occasions DOE(female deer ) that grow antlers!

so, that would be a better worded and stated question that is direct and simple

and odds are you'd get answers to it along with questions on things

and the other reason i changed your wording a little
is the FACT that if were being educated people here,
antlers are officially scored by being measured in inches, NOT by counting points, which in all honestly are NOT points, there Tines and each one has a specific name based on its location on the antler!
SO to experienced hunters and most in the modern hunting world
we don't use POINTS as any official terms on antlers

it is more of a slang terminology deal, on folks calling things by POINTS, like a 10 pointer or a 8 pointer
and then you get into more location oriented terminology, out in the western part of the USA, folks there tend to use the 4X4, or 5X5 or like names, it can even be a 4x5, or a 3x6 or what ever! name when talking mule deer
so even there they typically don't just sue ONE side of the antler to count anything!
basic info if one spent any time about hunters or hunting reading material
and the FACT that antlers and most big game animals are ALL scored by INCHES in one way or another , has been about since the late 1800's

https://www.boone-crockett.org/
so, its NOT really NEW!

NEXT

if you added this to your BODY of your thread!

Are mule deer species the only ones counted on just one antler? How did this custom begin?

that is then 2 more questions than the title of the thread!( I answered some of your second part?? above to GIVE you information on antlers and there scoring system, )
BUT??
WHY not ask a second or third question in t your opening thread
WHY not wait till you get THAT question answered before you add content to things
ONCE your original topic is answered and WAIT for it to be answered, people don't be here 24/7-365, some times it can get missed or no one has time to answer!
or just choose NOT too!

But once it is answered

THEN ask other questions in either another thread, or AFTER the first question gets answered!

since you seem to know so little about hunting and things, maybe try waiting till one question is answered before you ask more questions in one thread!
this way you can learn one thing at a time!

and it also never hurt to TRY and get answers by searching the site already with the search bar
as many times the same topic's are covered dozens of times, and make a person asking a repeated question seem lazy, and not willing to make any effort to learn on there own!

Hope that helps maybe, ??

Last edited by mrbb; 06-12-2021 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHunter View Post
I am really trying to see the good in your posts but posts like this make it extremely difficult. Posting on a forum or anywhere on the internet is never like having a face to face conversation with other people. But saying that people who post here are some kind of bot instead of real people is just plain insulting.

I don't think you're a troll but agree with Jake that you have a very "odd and different" way of communicating. If so, that's nothing that members on this forum can really help you with. It's really only something you can adjust or not. I wish you luck on both.

Flags has 2 Bachelor's degrees (4-year degrees), IPSC has a law degree which takes 7 years and is the equivalent of a PHD more or less. I have a Bachelor's degree and many others on here have various college degrees. Your posts are not too sophisticated for people to understand. I would agree with you on learning people skills as those seem to be something you really don't understand or don't care about. I hope things change for you but that is something only you can control.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

How does some college associates degree make you smarter than other people on here. You do know the first 2 years of college is spent on satisfying basic requirements and making up for HS classes you either didn't take or didn't pass, right? The purpose of this forum is for hunters to share information and experience with each other, not to put people down or determine they need to take more college classes. Several members and at least 2 mods have tried a lot to help you get into the swing of things around here. Either you don't understand what they're saying (maybe retake one of those college comprehension courses) or you don't care. Oddly enough, either way will be just fine since you still won't understand or won't care.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

This HAS to be trolling...

Nobody with an associates degree would actually be so silly to drop this particularly misguided “flex”...

But hey, if this is the level of intelligence required to achieve an associates degree, I’ll say I’m glad my BS’s in Engineering and Physics (with a minor in mathematics on my BSEng) and my MBA didn’t require THAT particular level of... whatever this is...
Old 06-12-2021, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Whatever his motive- he's generated more posts than anybody else in the past year. Maybe HNI should add him to their payroll.

-Jake
Old 06-13-2021, 12:46 AM
Fork Horn

Talking

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Whatever his motive- he's generated more posts than anybody else in the past year. Maybe HNI should add him to their payroll.

-Jake
I'm avoiding new threads here on porpoise. 53 posts. That's Herbie the Disneyland Volkswagen's number!!

Not to mention the year Tom Lehrer's famous hunting song came out.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-13-2021 at 12:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.