Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Anybody using a tree saddle?

Old 02-09-2021, 12:17 PM
Spike

Default Anybody using a tree saddle?

Been thinking about getting into saddle hunting, never been much for tree stands, I prefer to be mobile and don't want to haul around a bulky climbing stand. So thinking about getting a saddle set up. Anybody tried one? Do you like it? What's the learning curve like?
Old 02-28-2021, 02:39 AM
Spike

I bought a Tethrd Mantis last year. Didn't get to use it for actually hunting. But I have been practicing climbing and getting set up mainly in my back yard. Hoping to get out to buddy's place where I can shoot my rifle from it. I do a lot of public hunting and I use a kayak to get into some of the lesser accessible areas. I found it much easier to get up a tree with a saddle than with a climber. And I can be more flexible with the choice of trees that I want to get up in.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a saddle (AeroHunter) a two years ago and am really happy with it. With a set of tree sticks you can get up any size/shape tree. I have sat (hung) four four hours easy. Pretty versatile and fairly compact. But make no mistake, you definitely need to practice before you try it on a hunt. Just like you should with any type of climbing/sitting system.