Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which Rifle Scope to BUY??

Old 11-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which Rifle Scope to BUY??

We are talking canada here a Nikon Prostaff will run you 290 up here. Also we don' t see the deals and selection you guys do down south our wally worlds stock limited hunting equipment(no guns due to the gun laws) and only the cheapest of optics by bushnell. Funny in a city of 250K I have 2 shops to chose from and a few wally worlds and other similar stores with nothing I am ever interested in for the most part. Like Sj stated the Bushnell elites have become very popular to due their price and availablity, plus they are respectable optics. But finding a scope for under 200 bucks is a extremely difficult task in these parts and something we have learned to live with...I suppose[:@]
Old 11-09-2003, 07:19 PM

I don' t know who makes sightron scopes,but I hear thier as good as a leupold.Just hearsay now.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I spoke to soon, I mounted my new Leupold today and ended up putting my old Tasco world class back on my rifle. The Leupold seemed like sometimes that the point of impact would' nt move when you adjusted the scope, then the next time you moved it just 1 or 2 clicks the POI would move almost a foot. Very frustating. I have e-mailed Leupold and will give them a call tomorrow but I wanted to hunt with it this season. The Leopold would group real good as long as you did' nt adjust the scope, it would keep 3 shots within about 1 1/2" . I went thru a box of ammo and finally gave up on it.

The last half dozen shots with the Leupold I had it about 3 inches to the right, so I was just going to fine tune it alittle and moved it 2 or 3 clicks to the left and the next shot was about 6 " to the left. I gave up on it and put the old 75.00 Tasco back on it and within 5 shots I had it right where I wanted it with the last 2 shots about 3/4" apart.

I hope this is just a rare deal, and that Leupold will take care of me. I really like the clarity and eye relief of the Leupold.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:39 PM

if your faithfull with bushnells then get a bushnell banner dawn&duck there great for low light
Old 11-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a Whitetail Classic made by Simmons, its a 6.5 x 20 x 50, it costs
around $125.00 and has worked great for 3 years.

Old 11-11-2003, 09:32 PM

I had a Leopold Vatri X II on my 270win for about eight years and never had it move on me and that is with the airlines just abusing my gun case. I even dropped it a bit last year and it still was zeroed in. This year I bought a 270WSM as I gave my nephew my 270 and I put a Zeiss Conquest on it and love it. I would save a little more money and get a Weaver Grand Slam I have heard good things about it and I do not think it is too exspensive. Anybody know how much they are going for?
Old 11-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Raymond, I also heard good things about the Weaver Grand Slam but the price varies from $489.99 to $659.99 CDN depending on the model. This is from last years price list. I’m sure they have gone up.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trailer, SIR 2003-04 catalogue has them at the same price. I have looked through one and it was pretty nice, my buddy bought it in Winnipeg at SIR this summer for 600.00. He has used it only a little but he is very happy thus far from range and mule deer season.

But still way out of this posters league as he wants to spend around 200.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:20 PM

I really appreciate all the feedback guys. This will help me out alot. thanks again!!
Old 11-22-2003, 01:53 AM

BSA or Simmons is the way to go. Anything else and your getting rapped.

Quick Reply: Which Rifle Scope to BUY??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.