Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rocky Boots

Old 11-14-2020, 10:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by redgreen
I pulled my Rocky boots out of the closet to go deer hunting, and off I went. I haven't wore them half a dozen times. I get to where I want to be, and my feet are getting wet. Reason being, The soles on both of them has let go. I have been in contact with Rocky, and have sent pictures of the boots. We will see what comes of this. IMO, if a boot sits in a closet for a year or two, the soles shouldn't fall off. I will let everyone know what the results are when I find out what is going to happen.
mINE DID THE SAME THING bought several pair of plain work shoes because my sister worked there and got a discount the same I took them back since I live in Nelsonville Oh and they told me I didnt wear them I said hell no didnt wear them out but they wore out in the box but I think they use different soles now in stead of neopreme
Old 11-24-2020, 09:27 PM
Spike

Anyone tried the Crispi Nevada GTX boots? I am thinking of buying them. Any views?
Old 11-26-2020, 03:04 AM
Dominant Buck

I hear that brand of boots are excellent. I have never seen them in stores to try on which makes it hard.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Perhaps at one time, today they are trash! Your post sounds like you are from the company.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:36 AM
Dominant Buck

When I first looked into western elk hunting I needed a good leather boot with support and good traction. Crispi was one that received high reviews at that time which was 12 years ago. I decided to go with Danner which were all USA made. I was able to try on the boots at a Cabelas and bought them. At that same time I tried on Rocky boots and they weren't comfortable. My 12 year old Danners are still going strong but were mostly used for just my yearly elk hunting trip. Here in Vt I hunt deer in Rubber boots.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Red,maybe you would have had better luck if you wouldn,t have let Harold use em and not store em at the Possum Lodge.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

As a Farmer I,ve gone thru alot of work boots over the years. I never paid alot for them but owned alot from A-Z.The best so far are my Red Wings that I bought at Gabes.I,ve had em for over 3 years and that never has happened.Usually a couple pairs a year.All of mine are steel toe.In fact mine are pretty smooth and they always crack and fall apart long before the tread wears out and I spend limited time on concrete.The labeled boots held up decent(ex.John Deere,Cat,etc.)The Huntin type boot(Gor-Tex)types would self destruct in short order around acid corn silage and cow manure.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Red,I,m surprised you haven,t patched em up with Duct Tape.Even if your wife don,t find ya handsome,unless she finds ya handy. Keep your stick on the ice.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:18 AM
Spike

My Rocky Boot soles separated from the uppers and they sent me a new pair of boots. I was a abit surprised I didn't just get a discount coupon as my boots were several years old. When I first contaced them I was just looking for advise on how to attach the soles. They asked a few questions so I sent them photos and they sent me new boots. I can't complain at all.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:12 AM
Spike

I had Rocky boots for years but switched to LaCrosse. I find them more comfortable.