Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Replacement shoulder straps for Summit Viper SD? >

Replacement shoulder straps for Summit Viper SD?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Replacement shoulder straps for Summit Viper SD?

Old 08-06-2020, 08:44 AM
Spike

Question Replacement shoulder straps for Summit Viper SD?

Hi all. I'm looking for recommendations for replacement shoulder straps for my Summit Viper. I put a padded waist belt on it a few days ago but I think the original elastic straps are still gonna kill my shoulders/neck. Could barely pack the stand 1/2 mile last year with these straps and no waist belt. Anything u can offer is greatly appreciated. Maybe a photo of your setup also?? Thanks!
Old 08-18-2020, 11:21 AM
Spike

Hello?????
Old 08-18-2020, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

maybe look at back straps from a back pack leave blower?
many I use are very wide and can be adapted to other things I would imagine, not sure on costs, maybe look for a broken one and salvage the straps? maybe a small engine repair shop might even have some from dead blowers
Old 08-19-2020, 01:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a separate pack frame to carry all my tree stands.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:42 AM
Spike

that's a good idea! Thanks!
Old 08-20-2020, 05:42 AM
Spike

Thanks Wingbone!
Old 08-23-2020, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’m with Wingbone. I have never met a tree stand which made for comfty carry, so I use a pack frame with a load sling to haul mine into places where my 4 wheeler or UTV can’t go.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

using a pack frame can me OK< but its also adding more weight to be carried in

adding just better straps can make it more comfortable and NOT add as much weight?

guess it comes down to how far your carrying it, and how strong your back is maybe,or age?
Old 08-24-2020, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mrbb
using a pack frame can me OK< but its also adding more weight to be carried in

adding just better straps can make it more comfortable and NOT add as much weight?

guess it comes down to how far your carrying it, and how strong your back is maybe,or age?
I think any small amount of weight added by the pack frame is more than compensated for by the comfort and quiet provided. Lugging a stand thru the woods on its own usually involves some clanging or rattling of loose bits that I don't care for. Also can strap other hanging hardware, pruning saw, etc to the frame. I will admit that age is a factor, not so much as a limitation, but as the degree of replacing-brute-strength-with-wisdom acquired.
Old 08-24-2020, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wingbone
I think any small amount of weight added by the pack frame is more than compensated for by the comfort and quiet provided. Lugging a stand thru the woods on its own usually involves some clanging or rattling of loose bits that I don't care for. Also can strap other hanging hardware, pruning saw, etc to the frame. I will admit that age is a factor, not so much as a limitation, but as the degree of replacing-brute-strength-with-wisdom acquired.
and I mean this with NO bash or hate meant! just saying!

BUT< maybe an extra 5-+ lbs means nothing to you, but when they market items as LIGHT weight and you PAY for it, why would you wish to add weight to things? defeating the purpose no??
My Lone wolf climber, once I added better straps to it, gained pretty much under a 1 lb of weight, when I strapped the stand together and put on my back, it never rattled or made any noises!
, if one wishes a quiet packing tree stand, , be it to your BACK, or a pack frame , it all comes down to HOW you attach things, adding a pack frame doesn't magically make it quiet, if you keep things on stand loose, they can bang against the pack frame just as they can the stand itself!
not to mention adding better straps can be a LOT cheaper than buying a light weight pack frame, of one doesn't already have one!(and my suggestion about a old backpack leave blower, well there basically a pack frame with a blower attached to them, and if there broken, they can be had some times, FREE,
and most are durable things)
like I said, no bash here, just saying a pack frame isn;t needed to carry a stand in quietly or comfortably

and as for age , well, I don;t know about you, but as I got older I also got more and more health issue's that prevent me from carrying weight on my back as far or as fast or UP and down things period, so in my case age alone sure has limits on where and what I can carry on my back, lighter the better not looking to add any ounces if I can have it lighter and be comfortable/quiet!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.