Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

sitka clothing

Old 06-16-2020, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default sitka clothing

is sitka clothing worth it? does anybody have a jacket and does it run true to size? thanx
Old 06-16-2020, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a number of pieces. I have found that the jackets run more of an athletic fit, meaning they fit snug. I have the Fanatic, Kelvin, Cloudburst, and Mountain jackets. All are top shelf quality clothing. Most of the stuff I buy is from Mountain Archery at 20-30% off for last years model.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems most of the brands making “western hunting” focused clothing think “athletic cut” means “scrawny”. “Athletic” elicits a vision of a linebacker in my eyes, or wrestler, not a marathoner, which seems to be who they use to design these cuts. I tend to size up in both Sitka and Kuiu, and still find them both tight on my shoulders, arms, and thighs.

I love the Ascent pants for early season stuff. I have the Kelvin vest (not Kelvin Light), a couple Ascent pants, the 90% jacket, and the Incinerator bibs and parka. For me, the ability to walk in and out without cooking then freezing when I stop, or the ability to walk through something wet but be dry and comfortable within a few hours, and never getting cold is well worth the cost. The gear holds up and does its job.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:50 AM
Fork Horn

out of all the jackets u listed rob in vt, what would u recommend for warmth and windproof?. thanx
Old 06-17-2020, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are all different purposes.

Cloudburst is rain gear. No warmth or insulation at all.

Mountain jacket is a very light weight early season jacket. Again, no warmth but does have wind-stopper

kelvin is a puffy jacket. Very warm and made to wear under another layer such as the Cloudburst rain coat.

Fanatic is hands down the warmest jacket I have. It’s meant for stand hunting. You wouldn’t want to still hunt or hike with it. Way too warm for that.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

thanx rob. i am actually looking to get one for standhunting with bow. now just have to decide on either xl or xxl. looking for a jacket so i dont have to layer up for all day sits. sitka seems to be the way to go. if u dont mind me asking what size are you? and do u put anything underneath the jacket? just dont want it so tight i cant pull the bow back. thanx once again for info
Old 06-17-2020, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fanatic is definitely what you want. They also have Fanatic bibs which are as warm as the jacket.

I usually wear an XL. The Fanatic jacket I bought was a 2XL mainly because it was 50% off, I couldn’t pass up the deal. I wear a base layer with a hoody under the jacket. Depending on how cold it is, a lighter or heavier hoody.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:49 AM
Fork Horn

thanx again rob. going to get the jacket for sure this year. the bibs i will prbbly get next year unless i find a good deal. do u get the bibs bigger too or just stick to your normal size? what kind of bibs do u have? obviously sitka. thanx again
Old 06-18-2020, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don’t have the bibs yet. Been watching for a good deal on the fanatic bibs.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

best price i have found for fanatic jacket is 295 and change from place called linton outdoors!! what did u pay for your jacket if u dont mind me asking. thanx once again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.