Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Wet weather gear

Old 04-24-2020, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Well at my age my favorite rain gear is a sweat shirt, sweat pants and a hot cup of coffee as I sit on the cabin porch and watch the rain fall down. I stay warm and dry!
When I did hunt in the rain though I used a set I bought at Cabelas (their brand) and it worked fine for me.
I got a chuckle out of this one Clem lol.

Not a bad idea!
-Jake
Old 05-10-2020, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Well at my age my favorite rain gear is a sweat shirt, sweat pants and a hot cup of coffee as I sit on the cabin porch and watch the rain fall down. I stay warm and dry!
When I did hunt in the rain though I used a set I bought at Cabelas (their brand) and it worked fine for me.
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I got a chuckle out of this one Clem lol.

Not a bad idea!
-Jake
I did forget to mention that the sweatshirt has to be blaze orange to meet PA's requirement and I need to wear my hat.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:50 AM
Spike

The biggest problem for me is being 6'4" tall, I have a hard time finding hunting clothing, especially jackets in tall sizes. Right now I'm just looking for a Camo Waterproof hunting jacket with a hood that breathes and isn't too bulky. I have plenty of hunting clothes to layer up with but just need a good light jacket I can throw on to keep me dry during the winter rains in Northern MS where I hunt. I have a jacket now that kind of works but it is more bulky and has a funky hat on it but I'll use that until I can find a better solution that doesn't break the bank. Saw a really nice Cabela's camo rain jacket on sale but of course they don't offer it in tall sizes. Well I was going to post the link but can't since I don't have 10 posts yet, it's called the Cabela's Space Rain Full-Zip Jacket and it is currently on sale for $69.97

Old 12-09-2020, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

You might try online. Since BassPro bought out Cabelas, you'll see gear from both stores at their respective websites. They might have something in your size online that isn't in the store.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:03 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by CalHunter
You might try online. Since BassPro bought out Cabelas, you'll see gear from both stores at their respective websites. They might have something in your size online that isn't in the store.
Thanks, I've been looking online and it seems every time I find what what I'm looking for they aren't available in tall sizes. My current jacket is waterproof but is a 3 in 1 hunting jacket. I'm going to find the hood and see how well it attaches and works. It's not truly a rain jacket but I'm not going to spend $300+ for a good rain jacket because it is camo colored. I'll keep looking online but in the meantime should be able to get through this season with my current hunting jacket.