HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Guide Gear Monolithic 2400gr. boots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/421689-guide-gear-monolithic-2400gr-boots.html)

redmag 09-05-2019 08:09 AM

Guide Gear Monolithic 2400gr. boots

I have cold feet even after years of trying to fix with different socks and boots. I am looking for anyone similar to me (cold feet not matter what) that can tell me if they have tried the Guide Gear Monolithic 2400gr. boot. I am a stand hunter in bow and rifle season. I had a pair of the Baffin Control Max that were very tight at one size larger. I was assured by Baffin that they'd stretch out. I kept them and wore them in the house and tried them one cold morning and my feet froze (too tight maybe?). I gave them away this spring to a young guy.

archeryrob 09-11-2019 09:00 AM

I get cold feet easily all the time. I tried all kinds of shoes and my toes still get cold. I got blanket boots and I just hook them on my a carabiner on a Molle strap on my backpack and carry them in when it's cold. Yea, I've had guys tease me about them and end up using them in a waterfowl blind so they don't quit and leave. They found out they work.

Most boots have the insulation compressed in the toes. You need real cold weather boots with felt inserts in real cold weather. Mickey mouse boots or true pac boots. The hunting boots they make now just do not measure up IMO.

Those appear to be very good, but I don't have any experience with them. The write up sounds good.

redmag 09-13-2019 03:35 AM

Rob, I have used the boot blankets and I do think they help. I have tried just about everything. I am also considering the Cabela's Predator Extremes. I'd like to last a little longer than a couple of hours before feet become painful.

EShoreMD 09-14-2019 01:37 PM

Im in the same boat. Im thinking about buying a pair of Lenz heated socks. I just dont want to spend $300-$400 for them and them not work.

redmag 09-14-2019 02:27 PM

EShoreMD, I know a lady that skis with my brother at WISP in Western Maryland. She uses the Hotronics while skiing and she leaves early per my brother because she gets cold. From what he says she is always working on them and has multiple pairs. I just can't imagine them being much good to a sedentary hunter. I got a heated vest by Ororo that was supposed to be the ticket and it makes very little difference.

archeryrob 09-16-2019 04:07 AM

One thing I have found that helps me is to extend my legs straight. The footrest on the hang on I put my legs (heels) on top of it to straighten my legs. I also blouse my pants and pull them loose in the thighs siting down. This helps to keep the legs warmer and better blood flow and the feet stay warmer for me. Hunting on the ground in the turkey chair for deer and my feet stay warmer.

Sorry, still can't help on the boots.

mrbb 09-16-2019 02:39 PM

my 2 cents
if you get cold feet, odds are , your feet are sweating FIRST
if you buy super insulated boots like these and walk any distance in the,m odds are your feet will be wet with sweat real fast and then as time passes that sweat turns to COLD toes and feet!
I am a FIRM believer in GOOD foot wear and that includes SOCKS
most don't want the added steps or work or weight
but if you get cold feet and like to stand hunt
your wasting your money buying super heavy insulated boots IMO

TAKE spare socks, and I LOVE boot blankets(not so fond of em in tree stands as things can get dangerous to put them on or slip as not much traction in them) but sure have used them in treestands as well

I have a few pairs of boot blankets, mostly Icebreaker brand one's
and the KEY to boot blankets is, to again have DRY feet when your using them
a layer of good socks, I like a light weight wicker sock and then a heavy weight and a HEAT pack if super cold and then heavy sock and blanket
have sat in minus 30 temps for 8+ hours like this and never had cold toes!

but I CARRY in extra socks, and install the dry one's when I get to my stand
I wear in lighter weight boots for walking in and out, and then use boot blankets for all day sits

as again the key to warm feet is having DRY feet first
you walk in heavy insulated boots, and your feet will sweat, the inside of boots will STILL be wet from your sweat, even if you JUST change socks at the stand!
its two pairs of boots, one to wear in and one to wear on stand, or boot blankets ! if you want to have warm feet
and of course, DRY socks on first at stand!
so, if you want these 2400 gram boots, expect your feet to sweat while walking in them, and your going to again have cold toes on stand!
nature of the beast in how it works!

EShoreMD 09-17-2019 04:21 AM

There are medical conditions such as Raynaud's disease that cause cold feet.

Bocajnala 09-17-2019 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by EShoreMD (Post 4361318)
There are medical conditions such as Raynaud's disease that cause cold feet.

Yep, and no boot or sock or electronic warmer etc will fix it either. Just part of the deal for some people.
-Jake

tlzkaasen 11-11-2019 05:01 PM

I’ve been debating on a pair of these Cabela’s Saskatewan hunting boots. I will try the extra socks and boots this years as well.