Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
how many of your gentlemen regularly use a climbing tree stand? >

how many of your gentlemen regularly use a climbing tree stand?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

how many of your gentlemen regularly use a climbing tree stand?

Old 02-26-2019, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Viper here too.

My hang-on stands are not as comfortable. Agreed they open up more options for trees.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Spike

I hunt mostly in the southern US and always use a climbing stand. Very rarely have I found an area where I could not find a suitable tree to climb. I use the Summit Viper as well. Great lightweight stand that is quiet and comfortable.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Spike

I hunt in IL, and use a Summit Cobra SD, which I think was made around 2000. It works awesome - the only thing that would make it better is a little more seat room. I do have to go in and scout out trees and spots before my hunts if I am going out before dawn, otherwise I spend too much time looking for a spot and making too much noise. For afternoon hunts, it's absolutely perfect.

I like that I can also attach all my gear to the back of the stand and use it like a frame backpack.

I have also fabricated my own version of a Sherpa cart wheel bracket, so it can double as a game or gear cart, and made a bike attachment, so when I go out to anywhere there are roads or decent paths for bikes, I can go further in and not sweat as much as when carrying the stand on my back.

Oh, and one other thing I just figured out this year is that I can wedge the seat into the foot platform and make a chair out of the stand too - now, if I can't find the right tree, or decide to ground hunt, I'm all set in one!
Attached Thumbnails how many of your gentlemen regularly use a climbing tree stand?-1.jpg   how many of your gentlemen regularly use a climbing tree stand?-3.jpg   how many of your gentlemen regularly use a climbing tree stand?-2.jpg   how many of your gentlemen regularly use a climbing tree stand?-4.jpg  

Last edited by bzlytbeer; 01-03-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't regularly use tree stands but have used them before. This is good safety advice.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:43 AM
Spike

I've had a Summit for over 13 years, and my dad continues to use his. These are hands down the best climbing stands out there.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Viper. Most comfortable I've found and no trouble to pack in and out.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:33 PM
Spike

Honestly I think it's really preference. If you have a great spot where you are very familiar with what's coming and going with good field of view and you want to pop a squat for a long time and enjoy the breeze along with your hunt then it can be really nice. But in terms of effectiveness, stalking has just provided more results for me. I don't have to yield to the day. I can move where I need to move. I can track. I can gauge the wind and herd and set up where needed. It's quicker in an area I know. But again it's just different purposes to me. Nothing wrong with a good tree stand and a nice waiting game if that's what you feel like doing.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:35 AM
Spike

I used to use Summit stands only ,now we have ladder stands .Lucky to have good farm to hunt on .
Old 12-09-2020, 07:14 AM
Spike

I have an API Outdoors climbing tree stand I purchased years ago and use it to hunt out on the Eglin AFB Range and this year I'm going to start taking it with me on my hunting trips to the Goodman, MS area. I feel that it will give me the advantage of being able to hunt some areas nobody has hunted in for a while on a 580 acre piece of property that is a mix of pines, hardwoods and swampy areas. One of these days I'll probably upgrade to a Summit Viper, pretty sure those are lighter than mine and would be easier to carry in.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a climber all of the time. I use a Summit Viper and a Lone Wolf Sit-N-Climb. I've owned many different climbers over the years, but these are my 2 favorite stands. The worst stand I have ever owned was probably a Tree Lounge. Very comfortable, once it's up, but by far the heaviest and noisiest stand I have ever owned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.