Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Need Advice On Buying A New Scope >

Need Advice On Buying A New Scope

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Need Advice On Buying A New Scope

Old 02-15-2019, 04:22 PM
Spike

Default Need Advice On Buying A New Scope

I bought a Remington 700 .308. I need a scope for it. I'm new to the illuminated scope arena. I'm planning on buying an illuminated scope with a budget of around 300.00 ish. I feel I should be able to get a good for around that price range. I've read some reviews about poor illumination during daylight hours. Does that mean middle of the day? Surely I should be able to find a scope with illumination during the early morning hours after sunrise (7-10)???

Good glass is important. I'm asking for suggestions on brands, how the illumination works, etc.
Your input will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-...olor=red,green
Old 02-15-2019, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

It is hard to go wrong with a Vortex product. Out of curiosity, why an illuminated scope (I'm presuming you're talking about the reticle being illuminated)?
Old 02-15-2019, 08:51 PM
Spike

Default Just thought I try one

i haven’t used one since my combat days in Desert Storm (weren’t hunting deer in the woods). I wanted to see how they held up in the woods.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Spike

I'm a fan of Vortex scopes too. Always had good experiences with them. The Vortex Diamondback is also right in your price range ($200-$250ish).