Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

need sitka advice

Old 02-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Spike

Default need sitka advice

Hello guys i am looking to pickup a sitka base layer but need help in deciding which one will keep me warmest. I am hunting in upstate NY from early to late season.
My options are the fanatic hoody, heavy weight zip, merino wool heavy weight zip, heavy weight hoody, traverse hoody. I will be wearing this layer ontop of a merino wool layer not sure yet which one to get, any recommendations are welcomed. On top of the sitka mid layer i will be wearing under armour barrier jacket which has a hood. i wouldn't mind a mid layer with a hood because i can just were double hoods, and in the future i would like to get the fanatic jacket which doesnt have hood.I recently picked up the heavy weight bottom hopefully it will be warm. Also i like the optifade elevated II camo.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Spike

bump anyone ?
Old 04-20-2019, 10:49 PM
Spike

As far as layers go, one of my favorite combinations is an Under Armour sweatshirt, with Sitka's Jetstream Jacket over the top.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sitka is all about layering. I’m in VT and wear the Fanatic Hoody under a Mountain jacket as needed in Oct. As it gets colder I have the Traverse hoody which is heavier. IMO that their Fanatic Jacket is the warmest piece of clothing I have ever worn.

You can pick up the Fanatic Jacket for around $275 these days. Look at Mountain Archery or Camofire for deals.

Last edited by Rob in VT; 04-21-2019 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with Rob. Was fortunate enough to have a buddy upgrading and purchased his older set of Fanatic bibs and jacket. I was treestand hunting in the lower teens with light snow. Had nothing other than the bibs and jacket and my underwear and was completely warm. Very happy. The only downside is its only that cold here a couple times during the deer season.

Now I am looking into getting a few other pieces for early season. Probably go with a First lite merino base layer and then finish it off with a few Sitka pieces. Looking at the Mountain pants, Core light weight hoodie, Apex hoodie and then the Kelvin active jacket.

Rob do you have any experience with those?