Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Who has any  blaze orange anymore? >

Who has any blaze orange anymore?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:56 PM
Spike

Default Who has any blaze orange anymore?

I just drove all over this state looking for a new blaze jacket. Wal-Mart had 1, Dunham had 2. Caballas and zero, ok one hat and one shirt that had reflect stripes.

What happened? There used to be lots and the rules didn't change.

Anyone know of a store with something in stock?

Last edited by Bocajnala; 01-31-2019 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Bypassing word filter rule #1
Old 11-22-2018, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

I've encountered the same thing. I needed a new vest a few years ago. I wanted the game pouch sewed in as part of the vest, and I wanted front pockets, and front pouches as well.

Looked all over with very little luck. Finally found one at a local store called fin feather fur.

Good luck.

i don't shop at Di**s anymore but this is listed on their page and is very similar to what I wear.

I like the pocket option, and the front pockets are nice for bigger things. I put water, drag rope, lunch, camera, binos, etc in the big pouch pockets.

Smaller items in the small pockets.

This vest mostly allows me to not need to carry a backpack on all day hunts in gun season. And works good for small game as well.

-Jake
Old 01-28-2019, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

like ALL my friends.... WE don,t give D#CKS a dime,
since they started being AS$%&^& over selling semi auto rifles
Id drive an extra 30 minutes to some vendor thats supporting my rights

Last edited by Bocajnala; 01-31-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:04 PM
Spike

I FIND SOME STUFF ON EBAY WHERE I BOUGHT MY LAST HUNTING COAT since I wear a 4x there hard to find in any store
Old 01-30-2019, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hardcastonly
like ALL my friends.... WE don,t give D#CKS a dime,
since they started being AS$%&^& over selling semi auto rifles
Id drive an extra 30 minutes to some vendor thats supporting my rights
Ya, I said right above the pictures that I don't shop there anymore. That's just what came up on the image search.

I even sold the gift card I got for Christmas lol.

I've been in that store one time since all that came out, and that was to run to the back and use the toilet.

-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 01-31-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I bought my last one about 12 years ago at Cabelas. It is heavy fleece material which is quiet and has pockets and pouches. Very warm and rugged. I haven't seen anything as well built even at Cabelas so I hope it lasts a while longer. Most of the stuff at D#cks is junk. Since we don't have any real sporting stores around here that store is the only place to try stuff on before buying. I often will look then order on line from another vendor.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

We have a Gander Outdoors (the new gander mountain) as well as a Di#ks. Also a local chain called Fin Feather Fur that has everything imagineable. And usually at a good price

-Jake
Old 02-01-2019, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Retailing has had big changes over the years! You now see xmas merchandice on display in September or even earlier---many stores now store unsold merchandise instead of drastically reducing prices, so shelves are virtually emptied before seasons even end. for blaze orange merch you will see it on shelves in August, Its like buying a winter coat in February good luck !!!
Old 02-01-2019, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

jake, try calling Locust Grove near Spring Church. they sell lots of hunting and outdoor clothing. walls, carhart, and a lot of other brands.