Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Anyone wearing Muck Boots?

Old 09-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Rock,
those xtratuf are some ugly boots.
​​​​​​i think I'm gonna try a pair of the muck Boots .

If I don't like them, I'll try something different when they wear out.

-Jake
Yeah they are pretty ugly but the wildlife wouldn't care if you tried them and let me know if they are any good

I think you will like the mucks. It will probably be just a matter of how much life you can get out of them. You can patch the neoprene though and the rubber is plenty tough.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

I wore slip on boots for years. But now the only pair I have are muck boots. I think they are a lazy man boot. I wear these when I need to be water proof. I just dont think the have the stability.I wish they made them with straps on the outside to pull them tight. Sort of like engineer boots.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:09 AM
Spike

Default Muck Boots

Hey,
I used to wear them while mining and over the years with no support for m feet I won't wear them.
They may keep your feet dry for a time but over the course of time your better off with good Boots with support. Just my .02
Hhardrock
Old 05-30-2019, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt and farm and I don,t think they would hold up well for me either.Plus my feet sweat a lot and they would roast in those s##t kickers.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

I ended up getting a pair.
​​​​​​
I wore them a few Days through turkey season and was comfortable. Deer season through the fall and winter will be the real test

-Jake
Old 05-31-2019, 02:46 AM
Spike

It's hard to talk about comfort in the Arctic Sport because they are so specifically designed for cold use. In warm weather, I had a hard time wearing these for more than an hour just due to their absurd warmth.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Spike

Default Great boots

I tried all brands of rubber boots designed for hunting and in short order I began disliking them. Then I got myself Muck boots...I’ve had them for 6 years now and I find myself wearing them for all sorts of things, not just hunting. They are still waterproof, comfortable and the best part is living in Southern Va I can wear them all season. Best hunting boots I’ve ever owned ... and no, I don’t recall the model but seem to think I spent around $130 on them.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:05 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I've worn them now for 8 yrs. Spring ,Summer, Fall , And Winter.
Easy on, Easy off. An old fat man's dream.
I wear the Woodland brand..
JW
Old 07-07-2019, 04:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I have owned several pair through the years. I originally bought a lite weight pair for working around the yard and liked them. I bought a pair of woody max for late season deer hunting in the snow and found them much better than LaCrosse. Here in Northern Vermont rubber boots are used by most hunters due to snow and cold conditions. I needed a warm pairr of boots for ice fishing and used the woody max for that. I found they had an even warmer pair called Arctic Pro and I have owned 3 pair now. I get an average of 3 years out of them before they start to crack which is a year longer than the LaCrosse and 2 years longer than the Cabelas brand. The last pair I bought are the camo version and I will see how the rubber holds up. The extreme cold and constant sunlight does break them down over time.They are very warm and not too bulky so it is easy to get ice creepers to fit. I use the Kahtoola Micro Spikes which is the best ice creeper I have found. The mucks are expensive but when you need a good warm waterproof boot they are worth the money.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Spike

Default Watch what you buy

Muck Boots give to anti-Hunting causes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.