HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   145 qt Rtic cooler (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/419002-145-qt-rtic-cooler.html)

rockport 09-05-2018 09:37 PM

145 qt Rtic cooler

I finally picked one up on sale for $300

I remember when I did a review on the 45 and 20 a few people were interested in the bigger coolers. Let me know if anyone is interested in a review of this 145qt and if so I'll review it as I go.

Berserker 09-06-2018 06:36 AM

I have trouble with the Chinese cooler prices these days. How many people actually need that good of cooler?

rockport 09-06-2018 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Berserker (Post 4341381)
I have trouble with the Chinese cooler prices these days. How many people actually need that good of cooler?

I'm not sure what the Chinese cooler comment is supposed to mean. Chinese coolers can be bought very cheap. This cooler is expensive because it is rotomolded not because it was made in China. Just a creative way to point out it was made in China maybe?
Anyway.
I paid $150 for my 45qt and it has been a great financial decision no doubt about it. I assume this one will be the same.

I don't "need it" but its cheaper in the long run for me, more convenient, and safer for the meat I will often leave in it for a week at a time.

I certainly wouldn't buy one if you wouldn't get the use out of it but I do.

Definitely not for everybody, that is why I ask before I bothered with a review. I'll mark you down as "no"

Berserker 09-06-2018 10:03 AM

The yet I are Chinese. I am sure some people do stuff that need them. But many are probably close to an ice machine.

so how long does it keep cold? I've been wanting something small with hook points for strapping lunch on my bike for work.

rockport 09-06-2018 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Berserker (Post 4341392)
The yet I are Chinese. I am sure some people do stuff that need them. But many are probably close to an ice machine.

so how long does it keep cold? I've been wanting something small with hook points for strapping lunch on my bike for work.

I am usually within a reasonable distance of ice but I have to buy it and it adds up pretty quick.

How long they keep cold depends on a lot of different factors. This coolers packed with a deer and ice during the fall hunting season will likely last for weeks. Even the 20qt pre cooled and packed well will last 4 or 5 days in the summer.

None of these would be practical for a lunch box. They are too heavy and overkill for 24 hour use.

We bought my father in law the 20 can soft cooler to strap on his bike for Christmas and he loves it but but I'm not sure he would love it as much if he had paid the $100 for it.

We have a soft 30 and we also love it. We use it all the time, it is durable, lite weight, and very convenient carrying up and down boat ramps etc. and has a pocket to keep a few small things dry however it is not a great ice holder. It does well for a soft cooler but it is still a soft cooler. They make an 8 can that would make a great lunch cooler but its a little pricey ($85) and won't likely pay for its self as about any cooler works for a lunch box. It is however very nice and would strap right on a bike. Maybe it would be worth it at a good sale price?

I don't carry a lunch box into a work place. I keep a cooler in the back of my truck that I can throw lunch and drinks in as needed. The 45qt can stay cold in the back of my truck year around for no more than a couple bucks a week and last years and years getting beat around back there.

Hultage 04-02-2020 12:56 AM

Hello!
I had such a problem with my cooler for camping. It had been closing, but the cool was leaking. I tried to fix it, but nothing worked. I found a lot of tips on the internet, but after all, I had to buy a new cooler. This time I decided to buy a more expensive one, but with higher quality. When I started looking for it online, I saw that there are so many of them. When I was buying my old one, there weren't so many options to choose from. A friend of mine, who is an experienced traveler, recommended me to check this review link to help me. The info there helped me to choose the new cooler because there are detailed review and characteristic of the best coolers, and if someone also wants to buy a new one, maybe, that review will also help you.

JamesSperry 05-29-2022 11:07 PM

You can easily remove the top cover to access the fan and filter if needed.

Oldtimr 05-30-2022 03:51 AM

What?? There is no fan in the coolers that are being discussed, another word for them is ice chests and the op provided a photo.