HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   What do keep in your UTV/ATV (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/418292-what-do-keep-your-utv-atv.html)

minixjt 06-13-2018 03:47 AM

What do keep in your UTV/ATV

Greetings. I'm curious what everyone packs with them in their ATV/UTV when hunting? For me it's
-Cooler with drinks
-Box with extra lights, ropes, raingear
-Extra blades
-ammo
-Lunch
-TP/wipes

Oldtimr 06-13-2018 05:57 AM

I have all of that and more in my back pack which I now haul to my stand on my ATV. In my ATV fender bag I keep an owners manual, a minimal tool kit an air gauge for the tires, owners and insurance cards and in both front and back large carry baskets/racks I carry a bunch of bungees and a camo cover for the machine. I also have a Kolpin hard rifle scabbard mounted on the rear carry rack which is quick release.

mrbb 06-13-2018 07:21 AM

IN my atv all I keep is fuel and oil, and in trunk a small air compressor and plug kit
ON my atv, however I tend to carry just the basic's in a small tool kit that mounts to my fuel tank cap, had a bag on both sides that is zippered closed, NOT water proof, but I keep things in it in waterproof bags, and remove bag when towing in /on an open trailer, or when left outside! (it its mostly always kept indoors and a enclosed trailer)

basic hand tools, vice grips two sizes, zip ties, folding hand saw, assorted zip ties, electrical tape, a small flash light, two ratchet straps a lighter, some TP, a few wet wipes, a bottle of water, and a small first aid kit,
and in a separate bag that mounts to my rack, IF going far or on more adventurous ride, the winch bag, that has a snatch block, a few d ring's, a tree saver and a tow strap, and a two pair of gloves.

a lot of what all I carry really comes down to where I plan on going and how long I expect to be gone, I tend to over pack I thiunk, but like a boy scout, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it when far off and a LONG walk out area!

Berserker 07-14-2018 06:40 AM

For hunting or riding? For riding, in addition to winch come along. various straps, and tree savers. Various tools. Its nice to have chainsaw with you, a bow saw on a tree can be a heart attack. Hatchet or axe is nice, I have recently added. Besides cutting, if you get your saw pinched it can get it out. Ya I know watch the kerf, use a wedge. Smallfolding shovel

Water is probably most important.

I have started to carry battery jump start. I am going to get a smaller one to carry on SXS and sled. I have thought about adding 2nd battery. Could just get a new battery more often. But batteries go a lot longer than what some people realize.

Nomercy448 07-15-2018 04:49 PM

For me, it depends on how I’m using the ATV/UTV. I keep First Aid kits and basic toolkits stashed in everything I own with wheels and an engine. For my ranch UTV and minitrucks, there’s usually a length of barbed wire and stretchers, pliers, etc. For my hunting Ranger and ATV’s, it depends how and where I’m hunting. If I’m driving to my hunt in or on it, I usually have a block & tackle and gambrel, spare batteries and a spotlight, in case I need to track after dark.

I’ve hunted where my UTV was the means to access the spike camp, so I kept a lot more on the UTV for that, in terms of supplies, especially emergency stuff. For my normal whitetail and coyote hunts in KS, the ATV is just a low impact, high speed means of crossing ground, so in an emergency situation, if I can make it to the ATV, I’m only minutes out to my truck.

StrungOutOutdoors 07-19-2018 08:20 PM

More than I need :)

bwatts 07-25-2018 05:05 PM

I'm big on having FirstAid kits, water, and some Cliff Bars. Never know when you'll need any of those things. On top of that, I like to carry a toolkit, rope, and duct tape for those random situations that seem to come up from time to time.