Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Best Crossbow for deer hunting >

Best Crossbow for deer hunting

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best Crossbow for deer hunting

Old 05-20-2018, 11:48 PM
Spike

Default Best Crossbow for deer hunting

What crossbow do you guys suggest to be used for deer hunting?
Old 05-21-2018, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

It depends on your price point. You can buy an over priced Raven for $2k or a Barnett recruit for $170. The first will shoot flatter and further, but both will kill deer at 40 yards. My buddy had the latter and put a bolt through a buck and still stuck it 4" or so into a walnut tree where the bolt couldn't be removed. So they all have plenty of power.

You need to decide on features you want and how much you want to pay and then you can get better advice, because recommendation will cover the gambit between the two I mentioned.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Plus Customer Service is very important.Barnetts CS is terrible but Parker,Excalibur,Tenpoint/Wicked Ridge have great CS.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:24 AM
Spike

Well you guys are correct and i just found a deal for 68% Off, it looks good but after use only i will know about the quality, i am trying to upload the image or link but it does not allow. maybe due to 10 post counts.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Spike

I have always liked the simplicity of the Excalibur's, since there aren't any cams to tune, and still offering a pretty good price point.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

depends on how youre going to hunt and how much money you want to spend. I have owned several over the years..........Parkers are nice, have a lifetime warranty and do the job for a reasonable price. I had an excalibur, heck of a nice bow but heavy and wide so its hard to use inside of a blind or out of a treestand (its doable of course just not very convenient) and not much fun to lug around if you hunt on foot like i sometimes do. Right now im using an old horton crossbow i picked up for a song......not the quietest or fastest of coolest but gets the job done. Back when i got into crossbows the barnetts were kind of looked on as junk but i think theyve come a long way, never owned one but I would for the right price.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Personally, I would avoid Barnett, along with wild game innovations both have a connection to Busbice, the daddy who was caught poaching elk in Wyoming

Last edited by mthusker; 07-05-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:28 AM
Spike

I have been seeing a lot and they are pricey too, but there is this
TenPoint TenPoint
and i saw another which is relatively better in price but i am not sure of the made https://swordsswords.com/outdoor-gear/crossbows/spider-maximum-power-150lbs-compound-hunting-crossbow.html, what do you guys say? should i go for the cheap one.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

The first one is great and the second one, no, just walk away!

I have this one and I can shoot 50+ yards no problem on deer and it's 350FPS. I have sighted deer in that scope 45 minutes or more after dusk, its nice.

Use their KillerTeck Pro bolts ( use these now) or Black eagle Executioner or Spinal Tapps, IMO. I wasted A LOT of time with broadhead planing from softer Carbon express Pile Drivers. Spine matters in Xbows too and no one talks about it

Last edited by archeryrob; 07-26-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

You really do not know what you are talking about and should not be giving newbies advice. As I told you in your other post, there is not a thing wrong with carbon express crossbolts. I shoot them out of a 390 fps crossbow and they are dead on accurate. If you had under spined bolts it is because you bought the wrong bolts. Carbon express makes several different bolts for various powered crossbows. I

Last edited by Oldtimr; 07-26-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.