Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Uninsulated camo coveralls

Old 07-21-2018, 06:44 PM
Spike

Default Uninsulated camo coveralls

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know of any company that makes non-insulated camo coveralls? Bass pro and Cabela's used to sale them but now only have insulated. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance
Old 07-24-2018, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

I would look in some local tractor or farm supply stores. Or establishments like that.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try searching tactical coveralls and/or tactical jumpsuit. I spent more than an hour doing searches, your statement about non insulated coveralls being scarce seems valid. I finally found some when I searched tactical coveralls and tactical jumpsuit.

Maybe Bass Pro/Cabelas would be interested in some feedback from you. I wrote them an E-mail saying I was looking for a couple of new pairs of hunters uninsulated coveralls. I worded it that I had always used Gander Mountain uninsulated hunters coveralls, but now that they are chapter 11/reorganizing they don't seem to carry them anymore.

Just a hint, I often wear surplus German Tankers coveralls. I favor the old style, solid color kind of an olive/grey color, camo is also available. They come with a removable liner. That liner is the Cats ass, I can use it with many variations of my hunting clothes. It doesn't absorb moisture and is good to minus 15F in a pinch. with some normal outerwear. I buy all my stuff a size or more too large. The animals I hunt give a hoot less if my clothes are baggy. German Tankers Coveralls work well summer or winter IMO, in the warmer weather you can leave the front open and they vent well (your legs also) zip them up early morning when it gets cool, put the liner in, in winter. The liner also zips down the center for venting. IMO a superior system that lets you regulate your body temperature well, not too hot, not too cold. The are Mil Spec, so they are durable, washable and use dyes that reduce reflected IR or UV light- My son got a pair of good IR binoculars, you'd be amazed how bright some dyes and materials look in IR light or UV light. Some/many animals see farther into the IR or UV spectrum than we do. We are crepuscular (day active), many animals are nocturnal or cathemeral (both day and night). Most animals see better at night than we do and into light frequencies beyond what we can see.

The reason I brought this up, is I doubt tactical coveralls are designed for hunters and the dyes may make you more visible, even camo. ( so will whiter and brighter laundry detergent).

IMO Camo is over rated. Drab colors, not blue, work as well as camo IMO. *Most* of what animals see (as a threat) is motion, not shape. There hearing and sense of smell is superior, So any material that doesn't reflect, is quiet and not blue will work.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 07-25-2018 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:27 PM
Spike

Thank you mudderchuck for the advice. I will give the tanker coveralls a look.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:28 PM
Spike

Thank you vapahunter, I will give that a try.