HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Custom Cargo Container Hunting Lodges (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/413764-custom-cargo-container-hunting-lodges.html)

Jshockey 05-17-2017 08:26 PM

Custom Cargo Container Hunting Lodges

Hello all,

I am considering a business venture to build custom hunting lodges out of cargo containers. These would sell for somewhere in the neighborhood of 15K, plus delivery, depending on amenities and size.

Would just like to get an idea of the interest/demand for a service of this kind before jumping into it, any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Topgun 3006 05-19-2017 10:13 AM

I doubt that idea will fly! Good username by the way!

olsaltydog 05-19-2017 10:17 AM

I seen a few people remodel old military conex boxes for those types of situations but honestly I am not sure about marketability. People now have the ability to buy prefab sheds that look like small lodges for that amount so your market is small and highly competitive.

Mickey Finn 05-19-2017 02:42 PM

Doesn't sound appealing. Sorry.

Nomercy448 05-19-2017 04:12 PM

In my business, we buy job offices for different work sites, and over the last ~7-8yrs I've exclusively been using converted shipping containers.

The idea is great, but your price point is a joke. They're far, far less than $15k.

270sniper 05-22-2017 04:12 PM

Years ago there was someone selling them at the Harrisburg sporting show and I think they were around 15k I thought they were very nice

Oldtimr 05-22-2017 04:25 PM

I have to say, I don't fancy living in a tin can in the woods, they are really out of place in the woods IMO. I can go to an Amish shed manufacturer and buy a nice pre-made cabin for less than 15 grand and it will fit into the woods as a camp. I can see them as mobile offices on a construction site but not as a camp or house.

olsaltydog 05-23-2017 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4305458)
I have to say, I don't fancy living in a tin can in the woods, they are really out of place in the woods IMO. I can go to an Amish shed manufacturer and buy a nice pre-made cabin for less than 15 grand and it will fit into the woods as a camp. I can see them as mobile offices on a construction site but not as a camp or house.

You can always purchase one of those Yurts, they seem to be pretty neat.

Oldtimr 05-23-2017 10:54 AM

I think not, old hippies and whack jobs live in those things.

Bocajnala 05-25-2017 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4305533)
I think not, old hippies and whack jobs live in those things.

Sounds like that's right up your alley OT :happy0001:

I think you could have some interest. But as other's have mentioned, I think your price is high. For that price I can find better options.

Also, I am a member of another forum that focuses more on outdoor recreation/survival/ etc... I think there would be more interest in something like this from the "prepper" crowd than the hunters. people with "BOL (Bug Out Land)" would be interested in living in a large metal box I think. Most hunters like the more cabin-y camp style. Just my opinion.
-Jake