Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Rtic cooler review (as promised) 65qt in now >

Rtic cooler review (as promised) 65qt in now

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rtic cooler review (as promised) 65qt in now

Old 10-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

I received my RTIC 45 couple of weeks ago. Happy.

I would never pay $350 for a cooler. RTIC 45 compared to the Yeti 45 ( which isn't 45 quarts, it's smaller) the RTIC holds more ice, has a better warranty, better return policy, same quality and is half the price at $175. RTIC is a no brainer.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Spike

thanks for posting ive been on the fence for buying an rtic 65,i bought their tumblers first to see if they did ok well they do great and now I saw your good reviews that pretty much sealed the deal!!I can also add that rtic has superb customer service,one of my tumblers quit performing as it should(quit holding ice),I phoned rtic told them my issues they said they were out of warranty,rtic only gives 30 days.The lady said they will replace unit and that they want happy customers,,cant beat that!!
Old 11-30-2016, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

On the subject of pre-cooling.
If you have a chest freezer put your cooler in it with the lid propped open for a few days to a week. Makes a huge difference.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I'll check em out. They do look nice. Got to keep my fish cold and fresh.
I picked up some sliding feet for mine. Yeti makes them for $20...I got mine on sale at midway. Slides great now.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Ozark mt is now making the coolers and they seem to be of the same quality. Still can't bring myself to pay that much for a cooler though but I'm trying to talk myself into it
Old 12-14-2016, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Ozark mt is now making the coolers and they seem to be of the same quality. Still can't bring myself to pay that much for a cooler though but I'm trying to talk myself into it
you mean ozark trail?
Old 12-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rockport
you mean ozark trail?

yep that would be it lol. Hadn't had my coffee yet
Old 12-14-2016, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
yep that would be it lol. Hadn't had my coffee yet
My local walmart actually had some of their knockoff soft coolers in yesterday for $49 but they were no where near yeti/artic quality(first time ive seen them in person) Ive never seen the hard coolers in person either but I hear they are not to good. I know their tumblers and stuff like that are great.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sliding feet would be nice to load and unload a cooler in some instances. However I like the fact that when I put my coolers in the bed of my truck they do not move from where I put them because of the rubber floor mat in the bed of my Avalanche. Rockport, would those sliding feet slide on a rubber mat?
Old 12-14-2016, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Sliding feet would be nice to load and unload a cooler in some instances. However I like the fact that when I put my coolers in the bed of my truck they do not move from where I put them because of the rubber floor mat in the bed of my Avalanche. Rockport, would those sliding feet slide on a rubber mat?
I think they would be just about right on a rubber mat but I don't know for sure. With the rubber feet and rubber mat when you pull one end the other end would lift up before it slide.

It would be fairly easy to experiment with different materials as the feet would not be hard to make yourself.

If I'm Nitpicking the sliding feet slide too much and the rubber feet not enough.

I'm thawing my deep freeze right now so all my coolers are sitting outside full to the brim. I'll get some pictures of the feet when I'm done.

Last edited by rockport; 12-14-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.