Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Rtic cooler review (as promised) 65qt in now >

Rtic cooler review (as promised) 65qt in now

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rtic cooler review (as promised) 65qt in now

Old 08-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright the 65qt arrived today and it is really nice. Best cooler of the bunch so far. When you shut the lid on this cooler it seals so good that if you loosen the plug it sounds like you poked a hole in a tire.

This one probably won't get the test until labor day but I will be sure to follow up. However just the way it is built I'm already sold for $200 and I'm very confident it will perform.

Edit: I added the basket, it did not come with it but rtic does sell baskets for them.

Last edited by rockport; 08-19-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I checked, the largest I can find is the 65 qt. If they made a 125 qt I would be real interested in it. I suppose a 125 would be huge compared to my Coleman Extreme 5.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I checked, the largest I can find is the 65 qt. If they made a 125 qt I would be real interested in it. I suppose a 125 would be huge compared to my Coleman Extreme 5.
There is supposed to be a 100+ in the works. Jan of 17 is what they told me. There will be a high demand and a wait to get one though.

How big is your Coleman? Ive been using a 102 Rubbermaid for years and I will likely still use it for some occasions . One of the disadvantages is theft.....nobody wants my old Rubbermaid

You can make an L bracket that slides in the ratchet slot and chain them up(they sell them but obviously they are pretty simple to make)

I'll cover that in this thread also eventually.

Last edited by rockport; 08-19-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

My Coleman Extreme is 150 qt but I could probably get by with 125. I like the looks of the Rtic and the reviews I have been reading since your post. There are times I come home with 3 hogs quartered up and a 65 just won't make it with the hogs and the ice. Half the price of a Yeti seems like a great value for something as well built as those Rtics.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
My Coleman Extreme is 150 qt but I could probably get by with 125. I like the looks of the Rtic and the reviews I have been reading since your post. There are times I come home with 3 hogs quartered up and a 65 just won't make it with the hogs and the ice. Half the price of a Yeti seems like a great value for something as well built as those Rtics.
Yeah sometimes I wonder if Yeti prices tricked me into thinking $200 is cheap

Truth be told I'm really not that concerned about deer since I start deer hunting in oct and well they all work pretty good in Oct.

I'll use mine more for camping,fishing,boating etc...Most of my hunting is done is the fall and winter but we camp,boat,and fish probably at least 2 out of every 3 weekends in the summer.

Last edited by rockport; 08-19-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Yeah sometimes I wonder if Yeti prices tricked me into thinking $200 is cheap
Of course they did, if yeti never existed and rtic was the only actual brand out there. Most will probably say they are overpriced.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Of course they did, if yeti never existed and rtic was the only actual brand out there. Most will probably say they are overpriced.
Anything roto molded has always been expensive though and roto molded plastic is really good stuff.

SKB, pelican cases etc.

Of course now we are using it to protect frozen water not thousands of dollars worth of guns,optics,musical instruments etc.

Hell a single layer rotomold SKB bow case cost more than these coolers.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree, Yetis are overpriced as are most of the Yeti knockoffs such as Pelican. They sent out a feeler with their price, they did a good job advertising and people bought in. Although I could afford to buy a Yeti, there are just some things I refuse to pay the price for. My Coleman extremes have done well for me and I have no complaints, I have driven from low country SC with my Coleman extreme coolers full of ice and wild hog quarters, which is about 13 hours and dropped the cooler off at my butcher in the middle of the night and when I went to the butcher the next day to tell him how I wanted my hogs done there was less than two cups of water in the coolers. That was putting cold meat in a cold cooler and closing the lid and leaving it closed. I also drove home for 24 hours from MO with a butchered Bison frozen and vacuum packed put in a cold Coleman extreme and when I got home you would never have known the meat left the freezer. However, lately I have been giving some thought to hunting out west and a cooler that holds ice for 10 days would be a plus.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

So ive been thinking people were crazy for years when they said their yeti actually froze things....well My wife just went out and got a water out of the cooler that I put in warm when I started this thread and I'll be damned if it didn't have chunks of ice in it.

I would have never believed that without seeing it.

Last edited by rockport; 08-19-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is impressive!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.