Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Rtic cooler review (as promised) 65qt in now >

Rtic cooler review (as promised) 65qt in now

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rtic cooler review (as promised) 65qt in now

Old 08-18-2016, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

They look nice, I know the biggest draw for many people I know for the yeti and RTIC coolers are they do exceptionally well doubling as a casting platform with rubber on the bottom while out here sight fishing. Casting platforms alone can run you $300 so might as well get a cooler for that amount that will hold something.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
They look nice, I know the biggest draw for many people I know for the yeti and RTIC coolers are they do exceptionally well doubling as a casting platform with rubber on the bottom while out here sight fishing. Casting platforms alone can run you $300 so might as well get a cooler for that amount that will hold something.
I don't know about the rubber feet for me. I thought I would like them but already several times ive grabbed the cooler to drag it and.....nope. I won't be using them as casting decks but I will be trying to wrestle them in and out of a truck since they won't slide at all.

The cannot be removed as the holes are drilled not molded.

The feet on the techni ice should be a draw here. The off road parks are pretty popular and with the motor sitting under the bed of the side x sides they flat out melt a regular cooler and transfer a lot of heat to the yeti and rtic cooler. The techni ice cooler set up off the ground.

Last edited by rockport; 08-18-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting, kind of a catch 22. You don't want to have to wrestle a cooler out of the bed of a truck especially if it is full because it sticks, but you also don't want one sliding around the bed of your truck or trailers when driving.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting, kind of a catch 22. You don't want to have to wrestle a cooler out of the bed of a truck especially if it is full because it sticks, but you also don't want one sliding around the bed of your truck or trailers when driving.
Yeah, true story.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do like the strap slots that let you strap it down tight and still open it.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport
I do like the strap slots that let you strap it down tight and still open it.

That's a very good idea to be able to strap it down and still be able to open it!
Old 08-18-2016, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That's a very good idea to be able to strap it down and still be able to open it!
Yeah a few of the higher end brands have these but I think I am sold on the RTIC.

I was actually happy enough with a combination of regular ole Rubbermaid, Coleman etc coolers.....I would have never paid Yeti price but these Rtic coolers I can justify.

My 65qt will be here tomorrow. I'll have $325 in the 65qt and this little 20qt. I use them a lot and I'm always messing with hinges,latches,cracks,plugs etc.

In the end I think its probably worth it. They are supposed to have a bigger (100+) coming in January. I think I will order that and the 45, sell my 65,and be good to go for the next 10+ years.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good, from what I understand there may be more products similar to the Yeti coming out soon by other manufacturers. Heard they lost the patent or something so manufacturers are jumping to get on their market share, not sure how as they are not that old but we will see. I feel sorry for the founders as they are great guys, but business will be business.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good, from what I understand there may be more products similar to the Yeti coming out soon by other manufacturers. Heard they lost the patent or something so manufacturers are jumping to get on their market share, not sure how as they are not that old but we will see. I feel sorry for the founders as they are great guys, but business will be business.
I don't know what is going on. There are already a bunch of companies making them and for the most part not much cheaper than Yeti.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

48 hours......been opening it randomly probably 10 times a day as I figure the results wouldn't matter much if they were based on not opening this little cooler. The bigger one I will be putting game in and continuing to hunt for days so its performance sitting unopened will be relevant but this little cooler will carry drinks and will not have the benefit of staying closed.

Last edited by rockport; 08-19-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.