HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Coleman, Iglooe, & Yeti (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/406410-coleman-iglooe-yeti.html)

olsaltydog 05-09-2016 04:46 AM

Coleman, Iglooe, & Yeti

As title mentioned I felt like posting a review for 3 items that I recently purchased, well purchased 2, third item came free with the other two due to coupon.

1. Coleman LXE grill $149.99 - I was actually surprised with this little guy. A co-worker won one a few weeks ago from a raffle and we used it a couple times here at work with no issues. Heats up pretty quickly and does a great job grilling items and meets the needs of most households. Because of the price and the fact that my current behemoth 6 burner grill needs most of the burner pieces replaced which parts totaled over $150 dollars I thought it a good enough deal to down grade. Plus its just me, wife, and 3 children one being 3 months old, it works and will continue working for us. Only negative I have is that the one I purchased, one burner doesn't seem to adjust the flame properly which I may take the time to check it out or just save myself a hassled and just return it to the store for another. Will outright recommend the 5ft hose adapter to connect a 20lb propane tank and also recommend getting at least one of the griddle inserts.

2. Igloo Marine Ultra 24 cooler. Been looking for a new cooler to take on fishing trips or to the beach and this one looked pretty good. Have used it on 4 trips to the beach and 3 trips out on the boat along with taking it to my sons/nieces baseball games on Saturday. Works pretty good and I highly recommend one. Soft sides means you cant double its use as a seat or anything but I am personally not worried about that. Mesh pockets on the sides held sunscreen, sunglasses and phones no issues, front pocket held licenses/cash and was able to leave wallet in the truck, have not used crushed ice or any ice in this yet. Actual ice may take a minute to clean out when done for the day and to be honest my ice blocks worked perfectly, Align the walls with my blocks and one down the middle and I put whatever I wanted in there.

Both items above I would recommend or say are worthy as far as products go. Now for the third item.....

3. Yeti Rumbler 10 oz Lowball - Well I can start by giving the pros to the cup. Pro one is it didn't actually cost me anything to get and thank god for that. Second pro is yes, it does keep a cup of your choice cold and the liquid you put in is the primary component that melts your ice. Actually made my final cup of water before bed last night and woke up this morning and a decent amount of the ice was still in the cup with the water. Hot drinks on the other hand, this cup does nothing better then any other ceramic mug and would keep coffee hot for a little while and luke warm about 45 minutes after poring the cup. If it had a lid might do a better job but free cups don't get money invested into them. Especially when this free cups lid looked like it cost 19.99 at Dick's which after looking into it this morning was more than likely a store error as the website list them at 4.99. Huge difference but being a Yeti I wouldn't have put it past them on the $20 price tag. Cup also does not fit in any cup holder I have which means it can only be used at home and not to travel around with. Forgot it is dishwasher safe, so it says. If anything I would recommend only getting something like this if like myself you have a way to practically get it for free or you could get one of their competitors cups for half the price.

DavidJohnes 05-11-2016 02:06 AM

That's a nice review, thanks!

dzumwalt 05-26-2016 11:54 AM

I have been wanting one of those Yeti cups. I have a buddy that has the 30 oz and said he put ice in it the night before and still had ice in it at 11 am the next day but he paid $40 for it. :eek2: You just need a yeti cooler to go with it now. http://amzn.to/1WXEuLP

Thanks for the reviews!

TBsportsman 06-27-2016 05:09 AM

Wow, great find in the yeti cup!

rockport 07-13-2016 08:06 PM

Go to walmart and buy the Ozark trail 30oz tumbler for $10 or 20oz for $8.....just as good as the Yeti and I believe even made in the same factory.

I don't have a Yeti tumbler but I do have the Rtic tumbler and the Ozark trail works just as good.

great product.

Johnh26 11-18-2016 04:00 PM

I have tried Yeti and several Yeti knockoffs like the RTIC, Nigloo, (no, I did not mean Igloo), Orca, and Ozark Trail. They all do the same thing. In fact Yeti is now slashing prices on a lot of stuff due to their competition. As long as it's a double walled stainless steel (Most are 18/8) tumbler then you should be good to go. Wal-Mart is now even selling the 20 and 30 oz ones in a powdered color for the same price.

JagMagMan 11-20-2016 06:50 PM

Yeti! I am not impressed with any of their products! Cups, you can buy the 10$ Wal-Mart one for 1/4 of the price. Ice chests, far too heavy and way over priced. I got a Yeti 20 qt. as a gift and wish that I had returned it for the 200$ it costs! I don't even use it much, the darn thing is too heavy empty! Let alone full of ice and drinks.
The 5 day Coleman or Igloo's keep ice almost as long as a Yeti, at a much more reasonable price. I can buy lots of ice and replace a lot of coolers for the price of one Yeti!

losthwy 11-30-2016 07:33 PM

I have to agree there are options out there that are as good as the YETI brand at a fraction of the price. I have a RTIC 45 cooler that is very similar to the YETI, every bit of quality but costs 1/2 of what YETI sells for.