Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Best Large Cooler for the Money? >

Best Large Cooler for the Money?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best Large Cooler for the Money?

Old 04-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the advise. I have a friend that has a Bonar Ice Chest box he is going to loan me. It's like 720 qt cooler.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

That'll work out fine. More than enough room for what you need. And there should be LOT's of places to pick up some dry ice in NF. Especially along the coastal parts. They use it a lot to ship fish. Those Bonars have a pretty good seal on them but I'd still wrap a couple wraps of saran around the top seal just to be sure. Have a safe hunt when you go and good luck!!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
Igloo or Coleman Extreme would work just fine! I could buy a lots of ice and replace many coolers for the price of a Yeti or a knockoff!
I don't think the investment on the bigger high end coolers is that bad, $500 for 100qt is not THAT bad if you use it a lot and need something durable.

Now $250 for a 20qt......that is crazy.

$520 for a 150qt pelican with a lifetime warranty is worth considering IMO.

Even the 70qt pelican for $299 is not that bad if you hunt,fish,camp, etc, etc. and use the hell out of it.

Last edited by rockport; 07-14-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Will add that now that Yeti's patent is up (that's what I have heard) others are now jumping on their design. RTIC is one looks just like them for half the price, so may be good to keep your eyes open.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Will add that now that Yeti's patent is up (that's what I have heard) others are now jumping on their design. RTIC is one looks just like them for half the price, so may be good to keep your eyes open.
I have a couple Rtic coolers on order, apparently its a long wait.

I'll report on them when I get them.

One is supposed to ship 8/8 and the other 9/7

unfortunately 65qt is the biggest they make for now but a 110 is supposed to be in the works.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
I have a couple Rtic coolers on order, apparently its a long wait.

I'll report on them when I get them.

One is supposed to ship 8/8 and the other 9/7

unfortunately 65qt is the biggest they make for now but a 110 is supposed to be in the works.
Let us know, another forum I frequent has folks giving them nothing but praise and seems the price offered by RTIC is what the Yeti's should have been at the entire time.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Let us know, another forum I frequent has folks giving them nothing but praise and seems the price offered by RTIC is what the Yeti's should have been at the entire time.
Yeah Ive seen nothing but good things about them except for the time it takes to get one.

I figured since people will pay more for one on hand I had nothing to lose by ordering them. I kind of wish I would have just ordered all 3 sizes now.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did exactly what Jenks suggested when I got my NH Moose back in 04. I bought a cheap chest freezer, I cut and wrapped the bull up at a friends cabin, froze it, and drove back to WI. It worked great & it's still in service on my porch today.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

I love my coleman extremes, but if you want a little more cooler check out the Rtic and Orion cooler. They are making products as good or better then yeti and a lot cheaper.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think Orion is more expensive than Yeti