Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Hunting clothing: who here wears camo NOT? >

Hunting clothing: who here wears camo NOT?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting clothing: who here wears camo NOT?

Old 04-16-2014, 02:43 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Deer can see blue, so you should probably leave the Wranglers at home. For most animals, colors are just shades of gray. Most birds can see colors quite well. Camo for birds. But what most animals are attuned to is movement.

I wear camo because I wear children's sizes and the only stuff suitable for hunting type activity comes in camo. But my husband wears super cheap military surplus from around the world.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Try wal-mart they carry hunting clothing at discount prices. What I started with until I could afford more quality gear.
The orange break up pattern is more expensive than regular camo.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

You don't need camo while you are in the truck.

You only need camo when you are outside of your truck.

"blend in !"
Old 04-17-2014, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I avoided buying a lot of camo by hanging it on a rack and viewing the "blob" from fifty feet away.
I once had a doe who tried to get this huge orange blob in an open area to move. For minutes it kept trying to get the orange blob to move, but the orange blob kept still.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Valentine
I avoided buying a lot of camo by hanging it on a rack and viewing the "blob" from fifty feet away.
I once had a doe who tried to get this huge orange blob in an open area to move. For minutes it kept trying to get the orange blob to move, but the orange blob kept still.
Eh'....And what was the "orange blob"?

Last edited by theshark; 04-17-2014 at 05:12 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Valentine
i see someone likes to indulge in a few drinky-poos while they post.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

I use camo for bow
And don't care during rifle season
If its cold I bust out the wool
Old 05-01-2014, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Meets Michigan requirements.

Also meets my own requirements much better than blaze orange. Fellow that does a lot of White tail research here in Michigan John Orzon(sp) said to take a black and white picture of the hunting area. That is what deer see. Camo is to break up the shape of the human form more than any thing else and help hide movements.

Al
Old 05-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Meets Michigan requirements.

Also meets my own requirements much better than blaze orange. Fellow that does a lot of White tail research here in Michigan John Orzon(sp) said to take a black and white picture of the hunting area. That is what deer see. Camo is to break up the shape of the human form more than any thing else and help hide movements.

Al
Nailed it
Here in md it's so many inches OR a solid blaze cap
Whenever I'm hunting anything with guns I can just slap on my blaze cap and I'm off, ill never fumble with those stupid vests again.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

i wish that was the case here. the requirements did change this year a little though. previous years stated a hunter had to don basically a full jacket of a high visibility color or white and the same on the head. this year its been cut down to just vest and cap. maybe in another 10 we'll be in the same rulebook as the camo wearing crowd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.