Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Whats your favorite type of tree stand? >

Whats your favorite type of tree stand?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.
View Poll Results: What's your favorite type of tree stand?
HangOn
18.60%
Climber
32.56%
Ladder
51.16%
Tripod
6.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Whats your favorite type of tree stand?

Old 01-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am "over the hill" and enjoy something comfy. I like a homemade platform until sitting on a bucket gets old. I have a homemade ladder stand that if better, both it and the platform are not really movable. I just bought a tripod that is movable. can't wait to try it out.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Hunting out West, I have never used one. I almost did this last elk season in CO, but ended up not being able to go.

I'm a ground blind guy so far.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Spike

I personally like hang on stands. Hunting in Michigan, its sometimes hard to find a straight enough tree to use a climber without having to cut off tons of branches. With ladder stands you're limited on how high you can go. But with a hang on, you can go as high as you want(as long as the tree is big enough, and you have enough spikes), and its not hard to hang another above or just below you if you want to hunt with a friend(small child is probably better in a ladder stand or ground blind). Another big advantage is in my opinion they are much quieter. Many of the ladder stands I have used, tend to creek, and maybe it was just my buddy but i could hear his climber from 150 yards away. I have never used a tripod so I cant say if they are better or worse, but for the price, you can usually buy 2 or 3 hang on's for the price of one tripod.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

My favorite stand would be a box blind. Alot of work but once they are done, they can't be stolen and your scent free.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a spine fusion a few years ago, got out of shape,tried to go hunting again and just stood there and looked at my stand thinking "how in the world did I ever get in that thing".......now I have all ladder stands. Ive got 14 out all together.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rockport
I had a spine fusion a few years ago, got out of shape,tried to go hunting again and just stood there and looked at my stand thinking "how in the world did I ever get in that thing".......now I have all ladder stands. Ive got 14 out all together.
You have a good collection! What brand and model of ladder stands?
Old 01-13-2014, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HunterTreeStands.com
You have a good collection! What brand and model of ladder stands?
I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head. The local farm store has a 40% off clearance every year after/towards the end of hunting season so that is where I get them.

I have 9 that are just basic no frills 17 foot stands, 1 double, and 4 nice singles with all the bells and whistles.

The more stands I get the better my hunting gets. I only hunt some of them once a year.

3 out of 4 bucks Ive shot the last 2 years have been out of stands I only hunted once.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rockport
I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head. The local farm store has a 40% off clearance every year after/towards the end of hunting season so that is where I get them.

I have 9 that are just basic no frills 17 foot stands, 1 double, and 4 nice singles with all the bells and whistles.

The more stands I get the better my hunting gets. I only hunt some of them once a year.

3 out of 4 bucks Ive shot the last 2 years have been out of stands I only hunted once.

Wow.

Very nice!

Yea getting stands on sale is always the best way to go!
Old 01-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Spike

why my option in the poll has nothing to do here as the majority here use either ladder or climber
Old 03-01-2014, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My favorite stand

Is one that spends the non-hunting winter protected in a shed; never stayed in one place in the woods; the user does pre-season workouts so he carries it into and out of the woods; never cost over $300 dollars and is fully depreciated; parts are available at a hardware store; the one stand used in twenty years; only for lightweights with a 250 lb weight limit. User goes by the philosophy that some pain is some gain. And a backup isn't currently made.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.