Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting gloves

Old 01-25-2014, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

For waterproof warm gloves, I use neoprene gauntlets. Mine are about 15yrs old, I foget what brand they are.

BUT...

For stand hunting, I don't wear gloves. If anything, I wear thin liner gloves (have a leather palmed pair of Gates gloves that I've had for ~15yrs, or Under Armour liner gloves). I'll wear warm gloves on top as I walk into the stand, then stuff them in a pocket (I wear Under Armour "glomitts" these days for that purpose), and stuff my hands in a muff around my waist.

I have a pair of Cabelas white waterproof thinsulate gloves for snow hunting. I wear my under armour liners under them, even when things get nasty cold and wet, my hands stay warm, especially if I drop a handwarmer in the gloves.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

I use the wool glove liner from a surplus store when I can find them, and wear a mitten over them when walking. Sitting I keep the hand I shoot with inside a pocket with only the liner on.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Here you go, on sale for $75 (must come with a bottle of gin or something).

http://www.browningshop.com/product/8989

I've seen them on camofire about half off -- still too expensive for me. But I've always wondered how good they are.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Commuter gloves where tested by an ice sculptor in a freezer, he said they where the only gloves that kept his hands warm. I have not used them and where not made for hunting per say but they are black with a vent on top of the palm that you blow your warm air in and close the vent. I will try them at some point but I don't have a big issue with my hands getting too cold.
You'd have to search online for a retailer.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Spike

I use the Browning light leather shooting gloves or the old
Leatherman Bull Riders gloves most all the time. When the weather drops down below zero for quite a while, I have been known to use my Iceatoners or my Under Armor gloves with their liners.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ts What did you decide to go with?
Old 04-09-2014, 02:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Tundra10
ts What did you decide to go with?
Cabela's Canadian Stand Hunter II Gloves
Old 04-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Spike

I use thinsulate-lined mittens... that fold over into fingerless gloves! Ha! Best of both worlds. If it's colder than that I can use my pockets or a muff for an added layer.