Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Ground Blind for a Handicap Hunter >

Ground Blind for a Handicap Hunter

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ground Blind for a Handicap Hunter

Old 10-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Spike

Default Ground Blind for a Handicap Hunter

I am trying to find a ground blind that is as easy as possible to get in and out of for a hunter with some physical limitations. Most ground blinds require you to bend down and step over a lip at the door. Are there any out there that are easier to get into? A blind with a door large enough where you don't have to bend down (or at least not as much), or without a lip would work well. Also, I need enough room to fit 2 people.

The Ameristep Penthouse would have been perfect, unfortunately it has been discontinued and I have not been able to track one down. Alternatively, if anyone knows where I can pick up an Ameristep Penthouse that would be great. Thanks
Old 10-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Spike

I have a Barronett Grounder 350 that is very large in size. Entry is a zipper in one corner and it is possible to unzip it and raise one side up to increase the opening size. They also have a new model out this year called The Beast that is two large blinds connected to make a 4 person unit.

http://www.barronettblinds.com/home.asp
Old 10-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Spike

Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up picking up a Barronett Big Mike over the weekend. It is slightly smaller than the Grounder, but still big enough to fit two people comfortably. Most importantly the door opening works great. There is no bottom lip to step over, so it is much easier to get in and out of than most other blinds for a handicap hunter.

The Grounder looks like a great blind, but the windows did not look like they would work for us. They just don't quite come down low enough.