Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hot Shot No Pest Strip

Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hot Shot No Pest Strip

Has anyone used one of these in their box stand to deter wasps? It has a bit of a scent when you take it out of the wrapper and i've heard mixed reviews...any reviews would help, thanks and good luck this season!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, gets to be a problem when you have one condo hunting stand to hunt from.

Moved once when bothered by wasps. Didn't have any equity in the location to stay.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd spray good with a wasp/hornet spray once every 2 weeks. Deer won't care after a week or so and residual effect should keep you bite free.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used it in a tent while camping near La. swamp. Killed the skeeters like crazy. Were I hunt we have about 40 shooting houses. We use plain old "wasp-spray" to get rid of the wasps and then remove the nests. Usually we clean these out about 3-4 weeks before season opens. And man sometimes these houses are covered up with wasp nests. In 20+ years using this product to get rid of the wasps, I have never noted deer even reacting to any residual odor.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds good, thanks guys!