Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Hunting (prescription) Glasses >

Hunting (prescription) Glasses

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting (prescription) Glasses

Old 08-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting (prescription) Glasses

Well, I ordered my first set of progressive (politically correct term for "bi-focals") lenses today. I plan on ordering some sunglasses on line. The eye-doc said get progressive sunglasses unless you engage in outdoor activities like golf. She didn't strike me as a hunter, so I didn't broach the subject with her, but what about hunting? Would I be better off with a single vision lens for sunglasses for hunting? Are bi-focals a problem in the woods?
Old 08-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me they are. Aiming a bow, for me, is impossible with bi-focals. They always leave me with a portion of my world out of focus. I wear single vision glasses or none in the woods.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have bi-focals and ware them all the time and never have a problem.... I guess it depends on how high up in the lens the bi-focal is located...mine is below half way....hope this helps.....
Old 08-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks all. I think I'm going to wait until the progressives come in and put them on before I order sunglasses -- might have been getting a little ahead of myself.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default glasses

I ended up going with single focus for bow hunting., Found out pretty quick that when sitting up in a tree and trying not to move it was difficult to see the ground through the bottom of the glasses. I kept having to turn my head far around or tilt it hard down to focus and got busted repeatedly. Now have glasses just for treestand hunting and it worked out pretty well. Went with larger lenses so there was plenty of room for using a peep, and added a touch of yellow tint to sharpen the contrast in low light ..