HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   ole man multivision or summit viper classic or summit 180 ss (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/384417-ole-man-multivision-summit-viper-classic-summit-180-ss.html)

massman 08-24-2013 01:51 PM

ole man multivision or summit viper classic or summit 180 ss

I have a summit open shot or clear shot, but I dont feel safe in it. it feels too small. I was wondering if the summit viper would be better or the old man multivision. I cant spend more than 180.00 or so, which means summit goliath is out of the question. Im 6'3" tall and long legs, Does anyone have any suggestions on either of these stands. I can get the ole man off ebay for about 180.00. and the summit viper classic for 130.00. just curious which one is roomier etc... I also just found a summit 180 ss on ebay maybe that would be good
thanx

NjHunter85 08-25-2013 09:02 PM

i own a summit viper and so does just about every guy in my hunting club. they are great climbers and you can buy all kinds of cool accessories to attach to it from summit. a friend of mine is very tall and is about 260lbs and he uses that thing everywhere. depending on where you get it 180$ might be a little light but its worth the extra couple bucks and they are light and comfortable.

grinder67 08-26-2013 02:26 PM

Should be able to get the viper classic for real close to $180.00 but i think the classic is made of steel and will be a little heavier than the viper.

browtine7 08-26-2013 02:51 PM

Summit all the way for sure. I have a ol man as well and never use it. Its not nearly as safe or comfortable as far as I m concerned

DirtyGator 09-12-2013 06:17 PM

Don't know If your still looking, but I found a summit viper classic on ebay for 120.00 new shipped. I know its a little heavier than the sd but at that price I felt like I could deal with the extra weight.

Mojotex 09-17-2013 04:44 PM

If you are not a really wide body, either the Viper or Vision will do fine. The leg room will be fine. I use both and have no issues with comfort. The Goliath is primarily for super wide guys. I am nearly a stealthy body by any means and do fine in either. I prefer the Vision. Simpler to me and easier for me to use climbing. But man that Summit Viper is comphy !

Primitive Weapon 09-18-2013 05:22 AM

You cannot go wrong with a Summit climber. I have never felt more safe climbing out of any other climber.

hycohounds 09-18-2013 10:27 AM

i have the ol man and love it. its all i have hunted out of for years now. but, if i find $250 i will try the summit. i do have friends that have summits and love them...tony

hwy 49 blues 09-29-2013 01:06 AM

I've used the OL Man Multi-vision for the last several years,and it is a good,safe stand. Ironically,I've been looking at the Summit Openshot because it weighs only 15 pounds. The steel OL Man is a heavy deal let me tell you!

HunterTreeStands.com 12-01-2013 05:06 PM

Ol' Man Multivision for sure! Have only heard great things.

But then again, we're biased because we carry Ol' Man and not Summit. :)