Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Blind question

Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Spike

Default Blind question

My wife wants to try hunting this year which makes me happy. The deal is she hates spiders etc. I was wondering if anyone has added a floor to a popup blind, or if someone had a suggestion as to how it could be done. Thanks
Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 AM
Fork Horn

Do you have a lot of spiders your area? I guess you could velcro a bottom in. I would let it overlap up the inside.
Have you tried taking a bottle of bug killer and spraying the ground where your blind sits?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Spike

I thought about using my pump sprayer but was concerned about the smell of the insecticide possibly making deer wary.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:44 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

I thought many if not most popup blinds come with a detachable floor. I removed mine cause it is just more noise.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Any paper mills in your area? If so do you know of anyone that works there ? If you are truly in dire need of a floor try and get a piece of mill felt. Most of these paper mills up here just discard the old ones. They can be a bit heavey but are very quite and you can still drive your stakes threw it. Good Luck..

I like using a piece when setting up my tent as the ground becomes softer and I have a place to take your shoes off before entering..
Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Plastic sheet and duct tape.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would think plastic, as mentioned, would be noisy and I wasn't aware that any popup blinds had floors in them. I'd clear the ground real good before anchoring the blind in place and put a piece of carpet in it that is light colored and big enough to go up the insdie wall at least a few inches. That way you can see any little creepy crawlers before they get to her and the carpet will be quiet to move around on.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I would think plastic, as mentioned, would be noisy and I wasn't aware that any popup blinds had floors in them. I'd clear the ground real good before anchoring the blind in place and put a piece of carpet in it that is light colored and big enough to go up the insdie wall at least a few inches. That way you can see any little creepy crawlers before they get to her and the carpet will be quiet to move around on.
Sure would be... wonder if it wouldn't be any louder than a screeching female though?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you can not get any mill felt a rug would do the trick that is for sure.

The thing with the mill felts is it is made out of monofilament woven together with a batten that feels like some what like a rug. Water will run right threw it and if you own the property you can simply leave it right there for your next outing. The stuff hardly ever will rot on you.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:16 AM
Spike

Default Re:

Any paper mills in your area? If so do you know of anyone that works there ? If you are truly in dire need of a floor try and get a piece of mill felt. Most of these paper mills up here just discard the old ones. They can be a bit heavey but are very quite and you can still drive your stakes threw it. Good Luck..

I like using a piece when setting up my tent as the ground becomes softer and I have a place to take your shoes off before entering..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.