Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Frozen Feet

Old 02-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Good pair of wool socks and a pair of mickey mouse boots
Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Experimenting around the park area

Had an old pair of "hunting" socks that didn't keep in the 20 degrees. Went to an old standby. Put on a pair of thin "dress" socks on; then on with the old "hunting" socks. Worked and kept my feet warm.
Will retire my old socks from use on an all day hunt. Good enough for city winter. Found the ones that work and the ones that were found wanting. But, surprised to find enough of the old hunting socks, to handle a whole week. Experimenting can save money.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
Had an old pair of "hunting" socks that didn't keep in the 20 degrees. Went to an old standby. Put on a pair of thin "dress" socks on; then on with the old "hunting" socks. Worked and kept my feet warm.
Will retire my old socks from use on an all day hunt. Good enough for city winter. Found the ones that work and the ones that were found wanting. But, surprised to find enough of the old hunting socks, to handle a whole week. Experimenting can save money.
WTF??? Try proofreading your posts.

I believe in mickey mouse boots.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

The thermacell insoles are on sale on North American Hunting site for $99.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Sheridan
+1 only way to fly.

........any worse than that you need this;

http://www.heaterbodysuit.com/produc...bodysuits.html
These and if really cold, the addition of 'toasty toes" toe warmers.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Dc,
You said "up" in your treestand? As a HVAC boy I carry a small rug
from the back porch to put under my feet. 1st it makes the floor which is probably the least heat efficient thing in most stands quiet plus it gives your feet some "insulation" between your boots and the floor. I then don't have to wear my ice fishing boots which are big and clumbsy for me. IMHO.
daddus
Old 04-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dcouniha
When attempting to get down from the stand after a hunt I found that my feet are so cold that I can't feel what I am walking on. Any suggestion on good boots or socks.
Strap 16 chinchillas to yer head.

does wonders to keep you warm.

1 post and no further input = chinchillas
Old 04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I wear Muck arctic pro rubber boots good to -60 when I am ice fishing. They aren't large, heavy or bulky and keep my feet warm all day sitting on a bucket out on the ice in northern Vermont. I use the Muck woody max boots for deer hunting. The woody max are a bit lighter and good to -40. I usually wear 1 or 2 mid weight wool socks inside the boot which is the same size as my shoe size. Some of the guys wear the white mickey mouse boots ice fishing but they are large and heavy. I never needed that much warmth.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like my Lacrosse thinsulate boots with a decent pair of Acorn socks .. When I am out ice fishing they have kept my feet warm all day as well. The Acorn socks were the answer for me.A they left your feet breathe and wicks away any moisture.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Valentine

Yup, sounds good to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.