Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Problem with Garmin Astro 220

Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Spike

Default Problem with Garmin Astro 220

Recently purchased a Garmin Astro 220, two DC40 collars, and a magnet mount long range antenna. Haven't had any problems with any of them until today. I was getting a mile range out of the standard antenna and 3-4 mile average on the long range antenna. Today when I got 400 yds away with the long range i would lose signal on both collars. Switched to the standard antenna and lost signal on both collars at 200 yds away. I have the long range antenna mounted 6.5 feet away from my marine antenna which is twice as far as recommended. Was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on what might be wrong or if anybody else has experienced same problem .......thanks for any info.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 320 but have never experienced this. Have you updated your unit and collars recently? Could possibly be the collar goin bad? Your best bet would be to call garmin and speak to a tech. I had to when I first bought mine and they were a great help and took care of my issues.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Spike

Thanks I have called several times and had a wait no less than 35 minutes every time. I would think it would have to be in the unit itself, cant picture both collars going bad at the same time but maybe. Haven't updated it yet since i only have around 20 hrs on everything but not real sure how all that works yet either. Hopefully get thru to them and get it figured out.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Here is a very helpfull link on the use of the Garmin Astro -

I certainly use them on all my birds hunts and even use them to train.

Link
http://www.gundogsupply.com/garmin-a...s-reviews.html

Garmin Astro Master Reset
https://support.garmin.com/support/s...00000000000%7D

Google Garmin Astro for more.

JW
Old 12-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can I assume you're keeping the batteries in the units charged to maintain the distances the unit is designed to give you? It seems like a dumb question to ask, but I'll ask it anyway!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Spike

lol yes they are charged but thanks anyway i have done worse before . . . got ahold of garmin and i have to send it back. thanks for the help
Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Big help huh, LOL!!!