Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Great flashlights

Old 01-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I guess Im the only that uses an expensive flashlight... I have a Streamlight Stinger DS. Im a mechanic so I use one at work, which I needed a rechargeable bright light, considering I basically use it 8 hrs a day.

It worked so well I have one I keep in my truck for hunting and one at the house as well. Love them, even if they are $175. (Its 350 lumens, if anyone cares.)
Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Spike

I have an everready headlamp with white and red LEDs I use for picking up my bright eyes when walking to or from stands, and I always have a aa mini mag on my belt, whether I'm working or I'm blood trailing it works for me, its cheap and reliable, and if I lose it or what not I'm out $9.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

These are great little lights. I bought 15 of them on E-Bay for $5.99 ea. 1 for hunting, truck, car, boat, garage, nightstand, gifts. One double A battery and boy, is it bright!

http://www.meritline.com/focus-zoom-...--p-66230.aspx
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry a Surefire E2L Outfdoorsman when I am hunting for two reasons. The first reason is that the batteries last a long time, and the second reason is that it was a gift.

It is a very nice flashlight, but I don't think it is worth the high price. There are many flashlights available that are just as tough, and cost a whole lot less.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thanks for the post

After my review of flashlights, a good reminder that flashlights are getting more powerful. And they will be used by some hunters early in the morning.

Another good reminder to stay in shape and getting in deep on opening day in one state, which I missed the last few years. It has a lot of hunters and I shouldn't be surprised at the light display on opening morning in the pre-dawn hours. The deer will know something is up.

And I remember as a newbie long ago, carrying this big old flashlight with a bunch of D batteries. Times have surely changed.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Spike

Finally, I found a model that deserves the title of "best hat clip flashlight." It's the GSM Cyclops Orion Pro LED Hat Clip Light. The difference is that is attaches above the brim, not below it. This reduces time spent adjusting the light because it's blocking field of view.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a bunch of maglights from single AA to 4 d's. I also have 250 watt plug ins and a monster that if I remember correctly is 1900 lumens. I like the maglights. They plain work.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Guess it'll be important...

for some to be seen at 300 yards by the deer.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Spike

Im actually a flashlight salesman along with other products. I am currently selling the top of the line flashlight. The TrustFire Cree 12x T-6 13000 Lumens(thirteen thousand lumens!) flashlight Its perfect for spotlight hunting. It can achieve over 600 yards! you can see the flashlight at my amazon store. http://amazon.com/seller/luxeaudio
Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Spike

Lowes also has one that runs on two C batteries and lasts all year. Like the first one in this post turns night into day and the best tracking light I have seen. I left it on by accident and it was still burning after more than 24 hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.