HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Best Boots For Fall/Winter Season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/371406-best-boots-fall-winter-season.html)

OFDOlson_173 09-06-2012 04:00 PM

Best Boots For Fall/Winter Season

Hey everyone, I have read some other threads on boots and what not but hasnt got me anywhere.... I am looking for a good pair of boots without spending too much money. I want a pair that is warm, somewhat lightweight, prefer rubber. I always have a problem with my feet sweating even if I put new socks on while on stand which I hate to do due to scent and pain in the butt. Any help would be great, looking for a good deal.

gixxer6bb 09-07-2012 09:24 AM

ya I was wondering same. I had Field and Stream Rubber Boots 800gram Thinsulate lasted me 6 seasons. Only thing I didnt like is if you didnt tuck in your pants into the boots they would slap around on your calves because they was no drawstring for top.

I was going to buy the Irish Setter 17" RutMaster but they have bad reviews on cabelas. They look pretty solid.

JW 09-10-2012 06:30 AM

I tried the Muck brand Neoprene tops and rubber bottoms and really like them. I can wear them all day as I judge pointing dogs. So in wet grass days they have been great. I like the easy on and off and some Lacrosse brands fit my ankle so snug I can not get them off easily. I struggle.
I even bought a second ankle cut brand to knock around the cabin on cold wet days.

JW

nyorange 09-11-2012 07:00 PM

Don't overlook anti perspirant for your feet. I use a liberal coating of arrid extra dry rollon and let my feet drybefore putting on the socks. Helps keep my feet warm regardless of boot used. take care.

WldSd 09-12-2012 05:54 AM

Lacrosse Alpha-burly 1000 gram.

Tuff Bucker 09-14-2012 02:18 PM

3 seasons ago, I purchased the redhead bone-dry bighorns from bass pro. I haven't been disappointed. They are waterproof, warm, and breathable. I thought they were a heck of a deal at $60 considering I've spent hundreds on other brands (rocky) with the same to lesser results. With that said, when it comes to warmth, it's all in the socks. Make sure to get 100% wool. Wool will not retain moisture like cotton and other materials. Expect to pay about $15 per pair for good ones.
Hope this helps.

BRUSE 09-16-2012 03:41 PM

danner pronghorns..best boot I've ever used

craigslistq 09-18-2012 03:31 AM

I was bought redhead bone dry bighorns and this one is wonderful and comfortable.you can buy this one and its price is also reasonable.

Tuff Bucker 09-18-2012 12:33 PM

The sizes on the redheads are off. If you order online or catalog, I would suggest you order a full size bigger.

scottycoyote 09-19-2012 09:34 AM

when it starts to get cold i really like my mucks