Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Best Boots For Fall/Winter Season >

Best Boots For Fall/Winter Season

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best Boots For Fall/Winter Season

Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Spike

another referral for Muck boots
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default lightweight prefer rubber without spending too much money

looking for a good pair of boots

lightweight
prefer rubber
without spending too much money

Don't look for a hunter; he knows whatever boots he has
Even a salesman wouldn't know; he might just know the shoes his store sells.
You'd need someone who is in the business of buying closeouts and discontinueds.
Or a computer searcher. Fat chance finding one of them.

It takes time to search on a computer. Such as the Search ---closeout-hunting boot- rubber-insulated.

How much time do you have to save $100.
And say, you don't wear clodhoppers that would fit Big Foot, do you ?
And would you know how marginally better the best shoes are from the ones that aren't so -light, the best of rubber, and cost less money.

Newbies!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Spike

Yeah, that's it. Get some boots that you search and find on the Internet. Forget the guys with real outdoor experience. Name the brand in hunting boots, I've tried them. You don't have to spend a fortune to stay warm and dry.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

I don't really prefer a certain brand but I just make sure they are GoreTex and WaterProof. Those are a MUST for me. I hunt whitetail in the MidWest so it gets pretty cold. Plus I predator hunt in the dead of winter so I need a good reliable pair of boots.

I got lucky and received a boot voucher from my employer (tugboat/welding company) for a discounted pair of RedWing boots so I went and checked them out. I have had the same pair for three years with no complaints at all. They're leather, 5 inch, steel toe, goretex and waterproof. I have only had to get them resoled once over the three year period too. They come with a lifetime warranty on the stitching and free laces for life of your boot. Don't get me wrong, I still paid $300 with the $200 discount but they are great comfortable boots that I actually don't mind wearing to work and out in the woods. hope this helped ya out
Old 10-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Spike

Another vote for muck brand, I have been wearing the muckmasters for 2 seasons and they are warm and comfortable. I paid $95 my pair.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mucks here as well. I have lots of boots to choose from from the dreaded sweaty feet troubles. While I still use my pac boots when really cold, I find myself wearing my mucks more often then not.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are concerned about your feet sweating and you want a rubber boot ??? Rubber does not breath. Neoporene does, but only a tad better. I will use a neoprene/rubber Irish Setter brand boot when I hunt in this particularly water logged swamp. Even hip boots when the water is up 2-3 feet deep .... but man at the foot sweat?

I have found the Danner Pronghorn with 400 gr. Thinsulate insulation to be a good boot that will not break the bank. It is warm enough for most of the colder weather down this way. Water proof and breathes nicely. With good care you can get several years out of a pair. I hunt a lot and am on my 4th season with these boots ... and they look great still ... just scuffed up from normalm wear.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a set of Irish Setter on clearance at Bass Pro for $60 and Im really impressed with them. Gore-tex and waterproof. I have more of an issue with my feet getting cold than sweating, so I wear a pair or thermal socks and have never had cold feet with these boots.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Spike

mainly i am having a non branded army boots with me and really they are awesome to wear and in look, why dont you look up to flipkart.com as this would be most suitable for you where you will get all types of desired results you want
Old 10-20-2012, 03:46 AM
Spike

Best Boots all Winter Season