Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Best Boots For Fall/Winter Season >

Best Boots For Fall/Winter Season

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best Boots For Fall/Winter Season

Old 09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Spike

Default Best Boots For Fall/Winter Season

Hey everyone, I have read some other threads on boots and what not but hasnt got me anywhere.... I am looking for a good pair of boots without spending too much money. I want a pair that is warm, somewhat lightweight, prefer rubber. I always have a problem with my feet sweating even if I put new socks on while on stand which I hate to do due to scent and pain in the butt. Any help would be great, looking for a good deal.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Spike

ya I was wondering same. I had Field and Stream Rubber Boots 800gram Thinsulate lasted me 6 seasons. Only thing I didnt like is if you didnt tuck in your pants into the boots they would slap around on your calves because they was no drawstring for top.

I was going to buy the Irish Setter 17" RutMaster but they have bad reviews on cabelas. They look pretty solid.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I tried the Muck brand Neoprene tops and rubber bottoms and really like them. I can wear them all day as I judge pointing dogs. So in wet grass days they have been great. I like the easy on and off and some Lacrosse brands fit my ankle so snug I can not get them off easily. I struggle.
I even bought a second ankle cut brand to knock around the cabin on cold wet days.

JW
Old 09-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Don't overlook anti perspirant for your feet. I use a liberal coating of arrid extra dry rollon and let my feet drybefore putting on the socks. Helps keep my feet warm regardless of boot used. take care.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Spike

Lacrosse Alpha-burly 1000 gram.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Spike

Cool

3 seasons ago, I purchased the redhead bone-dry bighorns from bass pro. I haven't been disappointed. They are waterproof, warm, and breathable. I thought they were a heck of a deal at $60 considering I've spent hundreds on other brands (rocky) with the same to lesser results. With that said, when it comes to warmth, it's all in the socks. Make sure to get 100% wool. Wool will not retain moisture like cotton and other materials. Expect to pay about $15 per pair for good ones.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

danner pronghorns..best boot I've ever used
Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Spike

I was bought redhead bone dry bighorns and this one is wonderful and comfortable.you can buy this one and its price is also reasonable.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Spike

The sizes on the redheads are off. If you order online or catalog, I would suggest you order a full size bigger.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

when it starts to get cold i really like my mucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.