Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Best way to waterproof OSB blind walls? >

Best way to waterproof OSB blind walls?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best way to waterproof OSB blind walls?

Old 07-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Spike

Default Best way to waterproof OSB blind walls?

I'm looking for y'all's vast experience before I finish off my new blind. I built my 4x6 blind with OSB and I want to make sure it doesn't just flake away in the Texas heat and humidity. What is the best way to waterproof the OSB walls? I don't want to spend a mint now, but I also don't want to have to reskin it in a year.

My thought was a basic water sealer, primer, foundation sealer, or roof sealant, before painting it....

What worked for you?
Old 07-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Spike

All I did was bought two gallons of valspar exterior paint. I put two coats on all OSB and pine. I didnt bother painting the treated lumber. Im not sure how it will hold up, as I just put up 2 5x5 blinds. I guess we will find out in the years to come. I made drawings and cut lists before I went to my property. I pre-cut all material and painted before assembly. It made it easier than trying to paint after they were built.

Best way to waterproof OSB blind walls?-100media-imag0152.jpg
Old 08-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Buy a few cans of tenting waterproof spray.....works great!